ACCLAIM'S complete file archive rescued

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by ASSEMbler, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Dark Seraph91

Dark Seraph91 Enthusiastic Member

If you need Financial Help to get you in the spirit to Upload this I can chip in some cash.

Id love to go through some of that stuff for sure.

2. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Well I did most of the sorting myself.

I so far have a few gigs of nice files I was considering dropping
    on the net with a few proto games someone donated.

I'm a bit concerned how to seed it though.

3. wombat

wombat SEGA!

Maybe it's a idea to just make a big rar file with password and make a torrent of it. Then you upload the torrent to any tracker and give it some strange name. Most people won't download a few gigs without knowing what it is; so it won't get much attention.

Eventually the tracker will remove the torrent listing from the website; however as long people will seed the torrent it will work. So just save the torrent file and pass it up to people who want the files.

4. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

do you still have the unreleased i sent you? in that case you can share it too...

5. Dark Seraph91

one huge fucking Rar archive would be a bitch to DL through Torrents.

Just saying.

6. kammedo

kammedo and the lost N64 Hardware Docs

Hell yes. The whole f*cking internet in one f*cking big RAR archive. On my usb pen. Wow.

7. Vipertje

Vipertje Active Member

I would go for the torrent as well just start seeding and others will take over automatically. You'll only have to uploading everything once :)

8. phate

phate Enthusiastic Member

I'd be happy to donate some server space if need be, perhaps binarygrind.com/files/stuff.7z?

I do believe my space limit is 120GB...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  9. Dark Seraph91

120gb seems so small in comparison to 3TB+

10. Evangelion

Evangelion Spirited Member

What's new about this project ?

11. TheFallen93

TheFallen93 Spirited Member

Is this still alive? I would love to look at some of the source and would be willing to donate 50gigs of server space. It's not much compared to 3TB, but it would be enough to host a lot.

12. ill love to help pm me

13. beretta85

beretta85 Peppy Member

Just get an account over at Underground Gamer (dreamcast and older torrents) and Bitgamer (older than dreamcast torrents) and upload stuff there.

You could plug the site in the description a billion times, no need for a server or money, and the torrents would seed themselves after the first snag with all the beta-hungry pirates suckling at your teats.

14. 1magus

1magus Active Member

I'm a 3D modeler who is currently a novice and would love to have any of the texture files u mention.

15. segaloco

segaloco Enthusiastic Member

Personally, I would love to take up sorting through SDKs, system ROMs, and hardware documentation. It is already something I work with on a near daily basis, so it would be no different from anything else I have done.

Edit: Oh, and I have server space too, the only thing I can't offer there is ssh. Apparently I have infinitesimal disk usage, and infinite space, so I can give you all an infinite ftp account =P, the only thing is that i have this for only 143 more days unless my parents renew the subscription, which I doubt they will, they don't use it any more. Still, it's there if you need it.

Edit 2:)banghead:): I have 6TB of transfer bandwidth too, so =P everything is good to go.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  16. wii11_19

wii11_19 Member

Well, i don't know what help i can be of because i am not all that experienced in organizing stuff, but I'd be more than willing to do what nobody else wants to do. I have too much time on my hands these days.

17. WolverineDK

WolverineDK music lover

Sorry for cursing at you, but both sites basically limit your upload speed, and that is the reason why it is so fucking hard to get a good ratio at those two sites. I say Fuck em, and release the torrent on some public tracker instead or some tracker that does not fuck around with your upload speed.

18. DevHackr

DevHackr Enthusiastic Member

i agree. BG/UG sites are really annoying, I hope a new one comes out soon.

19. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

I have it all backed up, save the tapes.

20. segaloco

segaloco Enthusiastic Member

Personally, I would love a BitGamer account, but only for the same reason as I have an UG, for looking for things I need that they *might* have. I take my information gathering very seriously, and I use these sites to find: 1) Stuff that isn't publicized yet, and 2) To figure out if people are stealing stuff that I find and posting it as their own without credits. I have already seen that done with Tiido's Wondermega dump, and the MultiMega one I found on No-Intro. Anyways, back to the topic, I would love to help with whatever needs to be done with these files. The only question I have is, what are the guidelines as far as confidentiality if I do get accepted to help out?