About International Game Releases

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by TreblaYevrah, Dec 18, 2018.

1. TreblaYevrah

TreblaYevrah Site Supporter 2014,2015

Europe sometimes gets a multitude of separate versions of one game. For example, a PAL release of a PS2 game that had an English, French, and German release. Often times the "English" PAL release will just have multiple language options anyway... but are the French and German versions typically just the same multi-language English PAL release with the French/German language set to default respectively, and a different cover insert?

I have heard cases of certain games being altered for release in Germany, specifically. I believe Resident Evil 4 was one example of this, with the violence toned down. I also know a more recent game, Final Fantasy 15, had some alterations for its release in China. So this obviously happens for big name titles sometimes, but how often does it happen for lesser known titles?

For example, I've seen a German version of True Crime New York City on ebay. Now, you can blow people up and use their limbs as weapons in that game, so... any chance that game would be altered?

2. Tyree_Cooper

Tyree_Cooper Robust Member

TreblaYevrah likes this.
  3. TreblaYevrah

TreblaYevrah Site Supporter 2014,2015

Wow, that page has a lot of great info. Thanks!

Even has a page about True Crime New York City. Very interesting indeed!