64DD/Doshin the Giant Promo Tape Dump

Discussion in 'Dumping and Backing Up Your Games and Prototypes' started by vinyl, Nov 16, 2017.

1. vinyl

vinyl Spirited Member

Hi!
    I`m vinyl, and i`m a massive fan of N64DD. i`m trying to collect everything and more regarding Randnet service from 1999-2001

2 years ago I stumbled on a site where a TON of info was seen about the N64DD merch that was released
    link

I see a small picture of the Doshin VHS tape this is all the info I ever found.
    tape_site.jpg

2 years later.. of search almost daily. I found and bought the tape!
    20171116_093529.jpg

and ofcourse dumped it for the one who would like to see it..
    unfortunately because of NTSC-J --> PAL .. the whole tape turned black and white.. but it's something! /o/

here is the video for you:
    [/URL]

2. MonkeyBoyJoey

MonkeyBoyJoey 70's Robot Anime GEPPY-X (PS1) Fanatic

"It was just a social experiment guys!" - Excerpt for the "Doshin Drama" on AG, 2016. Also RIP Shoutbox

Seriously though, nice find!

3. TheKramerShow

TheKramerShow My Name is Kramer. And you are on the Kramer Show.

Amazing stuff. Seems very rare.

I would rip it one more time so that we get a proper archive of it. Perhaps changing the settings in the application you use to record the video footage might fix it the black and white issue.

I have a video software and hardware that captures SD content. Sometimes changing the settings does matter.

FYI, it is this - honestech VHStoDVD™ 9.0 Deluxe - http://www.honestech.com/VDD9

I would not focus too much on the PAL or NTSC. Just make sure the settings in the app is the right region for the VHS Tape. End of the day, you are saving the digital computer file.

4. Jimmy130

Jimmy130 Active Member

I rip another VHS about Doshin the giant.