[610-6033] Prime Selection Vol.1 (プライムセレクションVol.1) [Demo - Sega Saturn]

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by Tongara, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Tongara

Tongara A Clockwork Knight~

[610-6033] Prime Selection Vol.1 (プライムセレクションVol.1) [Demo]
    [​IMG]
    Last year, I bought this obscure Japan only released demo disc for my own Clockwork Knight related reasons, but thought others may well enjoy it, too, and as there is no current publicly available rip of it (even looking on redumps wiki, it's listed as "missing" http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title=Sega_Saturn_Japan_Missing_Games_List#Japan_Demos) , and it's VERY hard to come by (Took me almost a decade to find myself!), I thought I'd release my own rip of the disc.

The game contains 5 videos of upcoming games (Gakkou no Kwaidan, Riglord Saga, Shining Wisdom, Mahou Kishi Rayearth, World Advanced Daisenryaku: Koutetsu no Senpuu), and 1 playable game demo (Clockwork Knight 2), which has a good few differences to what is seen in the final version of the game.

General game information:
    "Prime Selection Vol. 1" is a very hard to find, obscure Japanese exclusive Sega Saturn Compilation demo disc, published by Sega Enterprises, Ltd.

Released sometime in Mid-1995, it contains 5 video previews and a 1 level demo for the JP version of Clockwork Knight 2 with a build date of about 20 days before the final version, meaning some object layout differences etc~
    The exact release date of this CD is not known apart from it's year, but file dates on the CD give us a clue. The file burn dates are all "1995.06.15 at 07:48 AM", so it was probably very soon after that date.

This would make sense, as the front cover/manual advertises Clockwork Knight 2's Japanese release date (1995.07.28), so assuming it was released around a month prior to this would put it about there. Sadly, as I have no information on how this disc was released or distributed, I can't give an exact date, but late June or VERY early July 1995 seems about right."

List of differences:
    Game footage:

More info can about this demo can be found at: Sega Retro Wiki Article & Satakore Game Listing

Download link: Mega Link

The game has been ripped using CloneCD, and so is a ".CCD" file. A ".CUE" file also was generated during the ripping process. Enjoy~

Disc Scan:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. WaSTeD

WaSTeD Active Member

The link is down, is it possible to have another mirror?

Thanks!

XboxTestKit likes this.
  3. XboxTestKit

XboxTestKit Active Member

The file has been removed because of a ToS/AUP violation

4. Tongara

Tongara A Clockwork Knight~

I actually updated the file and the URL changed, but I forgot to update it here. haha
    Fixed now~

No, it was never because of that.