40 Winks possible for Dreamcast after all

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Ivan GR, Feb 25, 2018.

1. rod_wod

rod_wod Fiery Member

Not sure really but some of piko's releases bother me.

Then this should be a good thing for 40 winks & some N64 fans.
    It seems like i'm looking at this in a completely different light to everyone else.

Hope you get your DC release.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. kennypecheur

kennypecheur Site Supporter 2016

I do agree with DeChief, I would prefer them to focus on the original strech goals. But a Dreamcast version can be interesting to play with :)

(I am also still waiting to see their Tyranosaurus Tex Gameboy release, as I sold them the version I had and didn't got any news since. But this is off topic).

Anyway, I am glad that they are able to launch this Kickstarter project and I hope they will be able do to what they have planned :)

3. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

I heard about this project. I was really excited and interested in it, but I don’t have an N64, and I don’t plan on getting one anytime soon :/ I have too many consoles as it is.

I do however have a Dreamcast, and I would totally buy this for Dreamcast.

As far as the differing opinions on this thread, I guess I’ll throw my opinion in the ring. I totally support this kind of project, and if they purchased the rights, then I don’t see why they shouldn’t profit. The old developers obviously have no interest in doing this, and they agreed to it so it seems like fair game to me. Whether it turns out great or not so great, at least it’s out their for people to see, which seems like a good thing in my opinion.

What I don’t understand is if there would be any legal complications with Nintendo and sega because the game is on their consoles.

4. Arcadia

Arcadia Robust Member

If I understand this correctly, 40 Winks were never started on the Dreamcast, they're just going to port it from the PSX which means it's entirely uninteresting for me. I'm only interested in 40 Winks for the N64 because it was officially developed.

5. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

From what I understand you’re correct. Never developed for Dreamcast, just ps1 and n64. Makes it more interesting for me personally. You could definetly argue legitimacy and quality, but at the end of the day I’d rather have it exist then not exist. HOWEVER not at the cost of the quality of the n64 one, if that’s what could potentially happen.