4 Wheel Thunder on PC, and unreleased rally games

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by VirtuaIceMan, Jun 19, 2019.

1. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan Rapidly Rising Member

On my "Every PC Rally Game" playlist, I'm covering rally games that didn't make it to the shops.

Here's three such games:

And, featuring the unreleased PC version of "4 Wheel Thunder":

I've got a few more of these "What happened to..." games coming up (though none quite as detailed as these three!).

pato, unclejun, Chewieshmoo and 2 others like this.
  2. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan Rapidly Rising Member

I've also got an "Every PC F1 Game" playlist, but that only features released titles

Chewieshmoo, _XBOX_ and arnoldlayne like this.
  3. unclejun

unclejun Site Supporter 2011-2014

Ultim@te Race was great to run, I had it as the bundled game with my Matrox m3d card...to play though, it was repetitive quite fast i recall.
    Does 4 Wheel Thunder still support PowerVR natively?

4. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I have an m3D too, complete with the box and original discs. Ultim@te Race runs pretty well on my system, but I've never been able to get the controls working well enough to actually enjoy playing it. Plus, the menu runs reaaally really slow for some reason, like super slow motion, which makes changing any settings a pain.

5. davesandell

davesandell Active Member

I love Ultim@te Race Pro!
    It came bundled with my first PC - a Packard Bell....
    It had on-board ATI graphics though so nothing special but would still run the game quite well....
    Sadly it went bang :( The other surviving PC I have from that era is a very sad looking Pentium 200 - which doesn't have enough oomph to run the game sadly....

6. unclejun

unclejun Site Supporter 2011-2014

I haven't played it in years, i don't recall anything wrong with the keyboard controls atleast.
    Can't remember if the menu was slow or not...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  7. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

The keyboard controls work fine, but I don't like playing racing games with a keyboard. I was able to get the controller to work, sort of, but it had some kind of problem which made one direction of the steering more sensitive than the other, which made it really hard to control. I think the menu being slow probably has something to do with my CPU, which is a P4.