3x3 Eyes English Snes Translation Project

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by AtomizerZero, Jan 4, 2017.

1. AtomizerZero

AtomizerZero Intrepid Member

A few weeks ago, I started working on my first translation project, 3x3 Eyes - Juuma Houkan, for the SNES. Using various guides, utilities, trial and error, I have finally arrived at my first release.

I've uploaded it to romhacking.net, currently awaiting approval. I'm going to upload it here too. So, feel free to download it from romhacking.net and give it try. Please read the readme.

This patch is version 0.1. It is not complete, so expect only chapter 1 to be fully playable (hopefully).
    Version 1.0 released.

Don't ask me for the ROM. Google's your friend.

Let me know what you think, and feel free to ask whatever you like, and i'll try and answer. Have fun!

EDIT: Romhacking.net just accepted it! http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2835/

EDIT: The project is complete.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  2. StriderVM

StriderVM Peppy Member

Goodluck with your endeavor. ROM hacking is not a joke. Most translation group's give up not releasing anything all.

3. AtomizerZero

Thanks. Yeh, I can understand to a certain degree. This game seems to have been abandoned before by Aeon Genesis, a pretty famous romhack translation team in the romhacking community.

While this has mostly been all my own work, the original script was dumped from the game by someone else on gamefaqs. I asked them for permission to use it before hand, and they said yes, so that was lucky.

Also -=FamilyGuy=- on this forum made a python script for me that took my prepared translation document and my character table and generated the hexadecimal information from the table. That has sped up the process dramatically because I don't have to search for every character manually.

I've also had some input on a few quirks in the translation from members on here and a Japanese friend of mine.

In terms of completion rate, I'd say I'm about 30% done on the game itself. The translation file is complete though.

4. AtomizerZero

5. DSwizzy145

DSwizzy145 Well Known Member

Thank You SO very much for doing a translation on this awesome masterpiece! :) i have it patched and running on my SD2SNES cart and i'm loving every second of it.

AtomizerZero likes this.
  6. AtomizerZero

Glad your enjoying it :) let me know if you find any problems!

7. BLUamnEsiac

BLUamnEsiac ɐɹnɔsqO ʇᴉq-8

Thanks for your hard work Atom! :D

AtomizerZero likes this.
  8. AtomizerZero

It's all good. Anything for my fellow gamers/hobbyists/whatever you/we all are haha