3DS Capture Cards and Consoles, N64 Ultra HDMI, AV Famicom Hi-Def NES and more...

Discussion in 'The ASSEMblergames Marketplace' started by Marmotta, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Marmotta

Marmotta Dauntless Member

Many for these items are listed on eBay, but I've decided to put them up for sale here as well, only cheaper. All prices include Signed For UK shipping. I can ship worldwide, just ask me for an exact quote - international postage from the UK tends to be relatively affordable. I'm also open to offers, but nothing silly, please. Payment by Paypal gift or bank transfer (UK buyers only).

3DS XL Capture Card Installation Service - £150 AVAILABLE APPROX END JAN 2018
    I install capture cards very similar to those made and sold by Katsukity, but faster, cheaper and with prompt native English language support. Only real catch is that can only do installs on original 3DS XL consoles. The service entails you sending me your own 3DS XL (or buying one and shipping it to me) and I can install and return it within 48 hours. This includes return postage to the UK, please ask for a quote for international shipping (usually only £7-12 extra, depending on location).

20170708_171853.jpg

3DS XL consoles with pre-installed capture cards - SOLD
    As above, but already installed and ready to ship. All consoles I currently have to hand are PAL versions. I will have some NTSC versions available when I can source some suitable condition consoles or you can send me an NTSC console to have a card installed.

20170708_171627.jpg 20170708_171724.jpg 20170708_171750.jpg

New 3DS XL Japanese consoles - SOLD
    I've had these consoles sitting around my home for a while now. They are all Japanese NTSC models that I installed B9S on in order to make them region-free, but might cause issues with the eShop and other online features.

20170708_172129.jpg

AV Famicom with Kevtris Hi-Def NES kit installed - SOLD
    Good condition console with original dog bone controller and 100-240V PSU.

20170708_171307.jpg 20170708_171320.jpg

PAL Nintendo 64 with Ultra HDMI installed - SOLD
    Good condition console with original controller, UK 240V PSU and Mini HDMI to HDMI lead

20170708_171426.jpg 20170708_171510.jpg

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  2. Flappyraccoon

Flappyraccoon Spirited Member

So the capture cards aren't katsukity or loopy? What design are they?

3. Marmotta

I suspect that they're virtually identical to Katsukity's cards - the code for the FPGA and the PC viewing software is from the same company that provides it to Katsukity. Loopy's are a different design, as far as I can tell, although he hasn't made an XL card. I am slowly working on my own New 3DS XL version, but I was sidetracked by the New 2DS XL, thinking that it would be more suitable; turns out it's a POS.

4. Looney Bin Jim

Looney Bin Jim Spirited Member

Hi there mate, my Mrs maybe interested in one of the Jap N3DS XL's, I just have a couple questions... First of all, can you run screen check to see if any of these have an IPS screen? Also, would it possible to update one to B9S instead of AL9H?

Cheers,

Looney

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  5. Marmotta

A couple of them have upper IPS displays, but none have lower IPS. I made an error in the listing - they are all running B9S, one installed directly and two updated from A9HL.

6. namrood

namrood Active Member

HI mate.. I maybe interested in the N64.. I do have a boxed Pal dreamcast no yellowing, with controllers and the memory cards and keyboard and I also have a spice orange pal game cube (its missing a port cover) with controller. Neither console is chipped or modelled

7. zouzzz

zouzzz Site Supporter 2013

The N64 Ultra HDMI IS with RGB mod too ? What's version of N64 ( EUR, FRA, US...) ?
    Thanks.

8. Marmotta

Hmm.. unfortunately I picked up a Dreamcast in town over the weekend, so no longer need one, otherwise I'd have been interested. I already have a couple of spice orange GCs sitting around gathering dust in my flat, so I'm afraid I've no need for one of those either :(

It's a regular NUS-001(EUR) model. I honestly didn't consider RGB modding a FRA model for it, as it probably wouldn't have added any value, but would have cost more to source (in the UK anyway).

9. TheMapleLeafGamer

TheMapleLeafGamer Member

Do you remove the IR Port on the 3DS XL?

10. Myria

Myria Peppy Member

What capture software do the 3DS XL capture cards use? I'm wondering because the katsukity capture card software has DRM on it.

11. TheMapleLeafGamer

TheMapleLeafGamer Member

Also what are the computer system requirements?

12. Marmotta

Sorry about the delay replying to everyone...

Yes, I removed the IR port. I considered other options, but that was the best I could come up with without having to create a hole in the casing, which would significantly increase the time and therefore price of the modification. I haven't done enough testing to be able to specify minimum and recommended requirements, I run them on my i5 Kaby Lake laptop.

I used the same software as katsukity, the only difference in the cards are possibly minor hardware changes (I don't know for sure, as I've never actually had a hands-on look at their 3DS XL capture card myself). Getting the licences for the software was probably harder than any of the hardware side of things.

13. TheMapleLeafGamer

TheMapleLeafGamer Member

Do you know what the IR Port is for? And do you know a or the method on how to keep it if I were to bring a few 3ds Xls to you? I'm trying to not go to the katsukity route.

14. Marmotta

It's mainly for the Amiibo reader and Circle Pad Pro - a couple of games use it as well for local multiplayer. I have done one console where I relocated the USB port and charged an extra £30 for it, but I'm not sure I'd want to do it again - in the extra time it took I could've have easily installed another capture card. If you have concrete details about what you want to do i.e. number of consoles, your location, etc then I may be willing and able to arrange for it.

15. febask

febask Newly Registered

Hi Marmotta,

Famicom AV mod it is still available?

Regards

Antonio

16. AndehX

AndehX You got boost power!

Whats the chances of selling me a 3DS XL capture kit? (I can install it myself)

17. trixta

trixta Member

is the n64 region free aswell?

18. darkspire17

darkspire17 None

it would still run games at pal speeds, and as far as im aware, its not possible to mod N64's (pal ones) to be region free, you can with american units (aparently by lifting a cirtian pin, but im not sure)

19. Marmotta

Sorry, all the existing listings from July have sold and I've updated the original post accordingly.

Very decent, although probably not until the end of January, as I've been abroad and won't be back until early next month. I intend on offering them loose and make an installation guide for those who prefer to save a little. The cost will be initially be pretty close to the installation service price, around £110-120.

The only people I'm aware of who did proper region free mods as a regular service were Otaku's-store, but they only offered it as a service within France and their online store has been shut for a year or so with no signs of reopening. NTSC consoles can easily be modified to play all Japanese and US games by cutting the plastic tabs in the cartridge slot. If you have an NTSC console, there's actually very little use for a PAL mod, as I think there are only about 6 PAL exclusives, Tax Express being the only one of any note.

20. AndehX

AndehX You got boost power!

Ah good stuff. That gives me time to save a little too. I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates. Cheers.