3DO Ultimate Mortal Kombat Art/Source

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by bitrate, Dec 14, 2010.

1. blueshogun96

blueshogun96 Robust Member

.h files are header files that commonly contain function declarations (without it's body) so that the definitions can be shared across source files. Those are all intact and we don't need to worry about those.

Oh, and I sent the OP a PM, but I don't think he wants to reply...

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Im talking more for a different game :p

3. blueshogun96

But you didn't specify.

4. bitrate

bitrate Spirited Member

Hey guys. I released everything there was as far as game data on those disks.
    I still have scans to do of some documentation that I have between the developer and Panasonic discussing some technicalities of development, but that is about it unfortunately.
    I wouldn't create a thread announcing release and then hold back important data like that if I had it.
    If anything else turns up I'll append it to the download. I'll send a quick message to the person I originally got the disks from to see if something was missed, but I don't hold out much hope.

5. Edge-`

Edge-` Active Member

I'm betting the .S files contain graphical/asset data, though it is possible they had system specific calls. With the PSX SDK, the SDK libraries contained most of the functions they might be using on prior systems with assembly and promoted developers to use the C SDK functions instead (Sony really had it together on that front). If anything you should be able to try to compile everything, find the missing externs as the compiler complains about them missing during linking, create dummy .S entry data try to at least get something to compile. From there you can possibly debug what the missing data actually was and maybe get the data from some of the actual final builds. It would be a lot of work! I haven't been able to look at the ART disk (extracting it with 7zip doesn't seem to work), but it may be interesting to see if some of the missing extern references match up with the file names for the art.

The source is very interesting! Thanks for sharing it!

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  6. blueshogun96

Alright. Sorry if I sounded demanding or anything like that, I didn't mean it that way.

Everything of that nature appears to be in the .c files (although I could be wrong). In Visual Studio, the linker errors are commonly related to missing variables and arrays and stuff (at least that's what my friend told me).

7. Dekabreak

Dekabreak Newly Registered

Thanks for the art, and especially the source code.

A new version of Trilogy would be AMAZING, and a huge contribution to the MK community. Hopefully this goes into fruition.

BTW, for the guy that wanted the running sprites for all characters, you should look into MUGEN, certain creators put running sprites for Mortal Kombat characters. But if you're a pretty good graphics dude, that's fine.

8. NeoVamp

NeoVamp Member

I did not know that!, thats good to know if anything ever happens. :thumbsup:

9. jairisongs

jairisongs Member

Great job man.

10. Charlemagne

Charlemagne Newly Registered

I am necro-ing this thread because I just found this source and I think it is cool.

11. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  12. Agahnim

Agahnim Member

and PC in just two days from now :D

EDIT
    i think this source was after the creation of first mkt for psx..i just checked the last dates modified. MKMAIN.C was modified for last time at: 11/12/1995

if you open the file SLUS_003.30 from the mkt psx iso v1.0 ntsc with a hex editor, you will see that some files are modified earlier.

intr.c 10/11/1995
    bios.c 01/12/1995
    sys.c 01/12/1995

i know this isnt important and it means nothing but it maybe helps we understand how old the source is

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  13. klala

klala Newly Registered

Hello everyone. Does anyone know the person who is modifying the source code of the arcade UMK3 called UMK3:Tournament Edition? In this forum: http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=323271&page=3 says that person has the full source code of UMK3. Does anyone have the source of the arcade UMK3 and can share with us? Thanks.

14. Agahnim

Agahnim Member

lets hope someday he will share the full source of mk2 and umk3 arcades

15. bulletbob

bulletbob Active Member