3DO Ultimate Mortal Kombat Art/Source

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by bitrate, Dec 14, 2010.

1. blueshogun96

blueshogun96 Robust Member

Midway emulation? Can you elaborate a bit more, please?

2. Subcritical-Strike

Subcritical-Strike Gutsy Member

yo

when i say midway emulation i mean like mame / coin ops etc does not have 100% midway games emulated a stand alone Ultimate MK III for xbox would be the greatest port to date!

3. blueshogun96

Okay, now I get it! But yeah, that would be awesome to have a stand alone port of MK3 with higher res textures and stuff. If only we weren't missing those other source files... :dammit:

4. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64 or your money back

I think that the PS2 version of UMK3 ran on the same emulator that they used in Midway Arcade Treasures 2. Since that emulator runs MKII and MK3 flawlessly on the Xbox, it may be possible to get it running by swapping a few files.

I tried to get the PSP version of MK1 to run in the Xbox emulator, and, despite some corrupted graphics, it worked!

And if that doesn't work, Mortal Kombat Trilogy runs surprisingly well on PCSXbox. :p

5. blueshogun96

True, but wouldn't it be nice to have a dedicated port with higher res textures and possibly some additional content exclusive to the Xbox port. Wouldn't that be great? :Rock:

6. NeoVamp

NeoVamp Member

That would indeed be great, i've been thinking about this for a loooong time now,
    but i'm no coder.. just a graphics artist (well i like to think i am)

I actually got a friend who did a lot of work for the Streets of Rage Remake,
    and he's interested in working on this as well, i'm just lacking a coder.

What i'd really like is a full MK Trilogy, with the following :

1. Every character.

2. Running sprites for every character

3. Original music and the Trilogy lower key remixes. (option screen choice)

4. Choice between MK3 mspaint fatalities or redone gory fatalities like MKII has.
    (this is where the graphic artists come in)

5. Online play. (hey you've got the source so why not add online play)

6. Perhaps an option for tagteam play, like MK9. (optional of course)

And then for the missing VS screen pictures i was thinking a render of the kombatant,
    there's this guy on deviantart who makes great renders, just render the classic character in a VS stance and you got yourself a complete trilogy.

Maybe.. Mortal Kombat Trilogy II
    with the classic roman numeral II in there in the same font.

but alas, i am no coder.

I am however a proud Xbox1 owner, and spend much time in the xbox-scene forums
    so an Xbox port of this would be of course the highest priority.

Also i was thinking perhaps some choice of filters,
    there's a lot of bad ones out there but also some that might just make the low res art look pretty good,
    like the crt pixel shader.
    (though that would probably be too demanding on the xbox1)

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  7. blueshogun96

I think you're getting ahead of yourself here :)

The most important thing is actually getting it to work, then depending on the source implementation, THEN we can worry about adding online multiplayer, etc.

Btw, you wouldn't happen to be VampX, would you?

8. NeoVamp

NeoVamp Member

I can't help it, a full MK Trilogy just makes me excited! :drool:

Yes, thats me.

9. blueshogun96

lol, this is embarrasing.

Man, I should go back to xs-scene sometime, but I don't feel I deserve to show my face there again because I'm a failure :(

Maybe if I come up with a good homebrew game or something, I can come back with my head held up higher.

10. TheNew

TheNew Finally leaving it behind

hell yes...

DO IT!! gets some AVP2 pc to xbox port going........... or other wanted ports :shrug:

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  11. NeoVamp

NeoVamp Member

lol whut? am i missing something here?

I was pretty active there, but i never really remembered names.

Edit : Found some posts from you from 2004, how time flies eh?

If you're a skilled coder we should join forces, see what we can do together.
    I got another artist friend and even connections to some music remixers.
    (for that low key trilogy music)

12. TheNew

TheNew Finally leaving it behind

Oh MY God VampX is back!

13. blueshogun96

If only I had that source. Otherwise, I would have at least tried.

Too bad Fox released the source, then decided to pull it back. Why they did that, I don't know. Just release the darn source! If anyone has it and wants to share, I'll give it a go. Since it already uses DirectX 8.0, most of the hard work is done for us.

I just feel bad that I said I was going to port AvP, but didn't finish it. Makes me look like a liar. 2004 eh? I miss those days, even though I never did find out where to download a Radeon 9700, remember that? :lol:

Maybe we could create an exclusive game for Xbox; a 3rd person Aliens game using the Alien3 SNES soundtrack and some of the sound effects from the movies. I already have some Quake2 models of the marine and aliens. How does that sound?

Attached Files:

14. Subcritical-Strike

Subcritical-Strike Gutsy Member

hell yes or do your own AVP port with working videos and in game cg that still needs to be done ^^ or another arcade port hmmmther are soooo many unported goodies out there

15. NeoVamp

NeoVamp Member

Lets boogie!

haha that was a good one, those were the days.

Not really interested in an Aliens game though, sounds like a good plan
    but i don't think it would ever go anywhere.

MK on the other hand has most of the source code available,
    so I'm just gonna continue trying to find an interested coder.

Edit : who said that about the Radeon 9700 btw? its been too long ago. was it you?

16. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Thanks for sharing! It sounds very interesting - look forward to taking a look through it!

17. blueshogun96

The Aliens game is more of a self gratification thing. Since my skills have grown since we last met, I think that it would be a fun project that I could maybe pull off, but it's quite a bit of work, and I've never done much in the AI department.

Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY interested in the MK3 source, but without the required .S files, we might be screwed, unless we can write some substitute code for them.

And that Radeon 9700 thing, you had mentioned that in a thread I started (I think it was about a PS2 emulator thread to get n00bs to buy an actual PS2 instead of asking for an emulator to run on XBox) reminded you of that you found on some other forum. That time, I simply just re-iterated it for the lols. Surprised you remembered it :)

18. NeoVamp

NeoVamp Member

Yeah I had a blast with that PS2 emu stuff, i just linked to the log-out url and told people it was the link to the PS2 emu for xbox.

You have no idea how many PM's i got of confused people. "it won't start the download, it just logs me out"

me : keep trying!

Oh I was a meanie back then.

All hail the mighty (and enormous) [​IMG]

Edit : Shame about the supposedly missing .s files, but it looks like most of the game is there,
    so a skilled coder might be able to use these files to recreate the mk engine.
    (because it seems that most of the engine settings are in the source, like AI and other variables)

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  19. blueshogun96

lol, yeah. I remember that. Can't remember if I clicked it out of curiosity, but I do remember a link to an emulator that logged people out. That was fucking rich! :clap:

Well, best case scenario, the .s files are probably just containing variables/arrays, and some common functions that can probably be recreated. Don't quote me on that though, but usually .s files are assembly files which are used for speed critical things IMO.

20. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Just throwing this out there, but what do .h files normally contain? And is that something that can normally be worked around with some/a lot work(when it comes to PC source code)