[3DO] Star Trek TNG: A World for all Seasons

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by swaaye, Feb 10, 2010.

1. swaaye

swaaye Rising Member

This was a game in development for 3DO that was never released. There was some magazine coverage of it however and I have found / scanned what I could find. I've posted some of this before but the images needed to be uploaded again so I decided to start a thread about it.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The leftmost image is from an issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly that I have. Early 1994. They previewed various Trek games coming to consoles. That is the most coverage that I'm aware of. The other two images are from an issue of Gamepro again from 1994. The two page ad is about the SNES game but does mention the 3DO version.

There's also this great Trek game promo on Youtube that has some more footage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqX_xDqNmOY

The game was apparently canceled before much progress was made. I imagine that they saw that the 3DO was going nowhere fast, and the game was going to come out late in 3DO's life when it was almost dead. From the looks of the CGI, some of the assets were shared with the PC game as they are definitely similar in that way.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  2. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Someone here owns this.

3. Bojay1997

Bojay1997 Spirited Member

The programmer actually sold some design documents on Ebay a few years back. Apparently, other than a bunch of CGI movies and some very basic interface work, progress on the game was extremely limited.

4. swaaye

swaaye Rising Member

Thanks for the comments.

It occurred to me that I also ran across some concept art over at 3DO Kid's blog site. I believe Andrew Probert was involved with the game, btw, but I'm not sure if he was behind these drawings.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010