3DO FZ-10 Toslink

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by citrus3000psi, Sep 15, 2015.

1. citrus3000psi

citrus3000psi Housekeeping, you want towel?

I got around to doing the toslink on an FZ-10.

For parts and pcb boards go to this thread for more information: http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/700x-ps1-toslink-success.57639/

My fz-10 has a AK4316 DAC, so if your fz1/goldstar/sanyo has one of these then the mod should work on those models as well.

Here is the meat the potatoes:

I pulled +5 & GND from the chip just because it was convenient for me. You could get it else where on the board if you choose to.
    [​IMG]

Here is the full view of the setup. Disregard the RGB mod. I did cut the motherboard where the RF module originally was. The toslink connector fits nicely where the channel select switch sat after some filing. I also had to cut a little of the top metal shield not shown in this picture. I totally forgot to take a picture of the toslink connector from the outside. I'll do that later this week and update the post.

***Also there is an arrow pointing that says wrong. I messed up and soldered the pin 7 jumper to incorrect location. It needs to be changed from whats showing in this picture.

[​IMG]

2. airs

airs Spirited Member

Nice mod. Btw you have a console with the VP536A - you could also mod it for 240p/480i switching.

3. citrus3000psi

citrus3000psi Housekeeping, you want towel?

Oh yeah I remember that mod. I just checked your thread out about it. One question though, do I need to lift the pin?

4. airs

airs Spirited Member