[3DO] Eye of the Typhoon

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by atreyu187, Oct 19, 2012.

1. atreyu187

atreyu187 Intrepid Member

http://www.mediafire.com/?8srgs57gplx945s

3DO Signing Tools for Goldstar Users to use without swap trick

http://www.mediafire.com/?k69k33tmt5r50jb

Hope you all enjoy this rarity as much as I did since the last time it was on ebay was for over $1,400. Can't believe I didn't post this before but was not dumped by me but the dev behind HTTPD'ack ackmed himself. He has done numerous games for the community so thanks goes to him.

[​IMG]

Plot

The following plot summary comes from the title opening:
    There was a mysterious fighting art called Kuk-Cho-Ho-Kwon which had been inherited since the Myoung Dynasty. However, it has disappeared and there is nothing left but a legend. Many years have passed and Asian nations such as China and Korea are in the state of chaos.Upon hearing about the mystery of Kuk-Cho-Ho-Kwon, the strong Western powers are desperately trying to recover it. Because of this, many innocent fighters have been destroyed and the secret book of Kuk-Cho-Ho-Kwon is beginning to reveal its real images...
    Will Kuk-Cho-Ho-Kwon be resurrected? By whom...?
    [edit]Gameplay

Like Fight Fever, The Eye of Typhoon plays similarly to other 2D versus fighting games. There are 12 playable characters to choose from and two boss characters. The object of the game is to win two matches out of three. Each character has a set of moves in addition to two basic punches and kicks. Players also have the ability to taunt others, but unlike games such as SNK's Art of Fighting series, this has no effect and would actually leave the player open to attacks.
    In single player mode, after selecting a character, the player must also select an opponent. The opponent order cycles randomly according to the character select screen. After the first twelve are defeated, the player must defeat two bosses, Powell and Mahesvara. Unlike Fight Fever, there is a 2-on-2 team mode, where players can choose two characters whether in certain order or randomly. The camera also zooms in and out depending on how far apart the characters are, like in the Art of Fighting series.
    [edit]Characters

Hoya
    Roy
    Sauri
    Chohong
    Wangchang
    Mui
    Nelson
    Tlaloc
    Dalma
    Musasi Taro
    Natasha
    Jarkill
    Powell
    Mahesvara
    [edit]Version differences

The 3DO version has a 3D-animated intro with logos and jingles of LG and Viccom, the characters are smaller compared to other fighting games at the time, the screen slightly zooms in when the announcer shouts "Fight!", and the select screen resembles the canceled Neo-Geo version's more than the DOS version's. The DOS version has fewer animations in each stage than the ones in the 3DO version, the characters sizes are normal like in other fighting games at the time, the select screen lacks moving objects other than cursors and timer, the loading screen is different, the AI of the characters are weaker than the ones in the 3DO version, and the background music played during fights restarts every round.

Has been dumped to TOSEC stnadards of bin/cue and tested to work on hardware and the new emulator 4DO. Disc scan included!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  2. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

I remember seeing the last auction, I couldn't believe it got up that far.

Thanks for sharing :)

3. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

Just the other day I dug up my Sanyo TRY console.
    Thanks for the sharing and I'm sure I will have fun running this one on my 3DO console...

4. atreyu187

The Goldstars have copy protection and you must do the swap trick as no modchips were ever made. Just google it on youtube to see what I mean.

5. Flash

Flash Dauntless Member

Haven't burned yet to test on my FZ-10 but linux build of FreeDO runs it well, game is a bit too fast though.

6. fusion

fusion Peppy Member

Thanks for sharing :) Plays fine on my FZ-1

7. SuperPlay

SuperPlay <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Nice :) Thanks for sharing.

8. darius-saturn

darius-saturn Site Supporter

Thanks for sharing :)

re-upload in my forum

9. dj898

Anyone has an issue with .7z file?
    When I finally tried to unzip got the error message saying these are unsupported compress method or something?
    Yes I used 7zip.

10. atreyu187

I used the latest build of 7z give an update a try as others have played it.

11. Mystery

Mystery Member

I didn't have a problem with the 7z file, using 7zip 9.20. Try redownloading the 7z file.

Thanks a lot for sharing this :)

12. dj898

Maybe my 7Zip is old version.
    Will d/l latest version and try again.
    Thanks!

13. john2late94

john2late94 Member

Fantastic !! thanks again !

14. Psycho Fox

Psycho Fox Spirited Member

I unzipped with Winzip and had no issues. The unzipped BIN was 140 Meg or so. I burnt the BIN & CUE files to disc at slowest speed but my 3DO FZ-1 won't recognise the disc :(

15. atreyu187

Use better media and i suggest azo dyes like taiyo yunden at 16x. Then you could always adjust your laser.

16. dj898

[update] Upgraded to newer version of 7zip and the file decompressed just fine. Now digging through my junk to find the Kodak gold CD-R to burn 'coz last time I tried with other title it worked fine on my Sanyo TRY.

17. atreyu187

That is because the sanyo goldstars have copy protection. Only way to play is to do a swap trick. There is a youtube on how to do that but the top has to be removed. There is also tools around to sign the disc so it will boot just fine with no swap trick. Ill post the tools here later tonight as they are near impossible to find now days. The files are on UG retro torrent tracker if you have an account there. If not pm me your email and ill invite you as i am the torrent mod there

18. dj898

hmmm...
    I'm not sure. I recall playing one of CD-R I burnt on my Sanyo TRY few years back.
    It loaded no problem and I played fair bit before pack them away as our second kid was about to arrive...
    Maybe ISO I used was already patched?

19. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

They're different companies. Goldstar only sold 3DO's outside Japan. Sanyo only sold 3DO's for Japan.

20. atreyu187

I will still post the tools as i just got home and it will ensure that it works for you. Give me thirty minutes and check back here and i will have all signing tools posted. It also allows for homebrew to finally be played on hardware and not a emu like we have had to do for over a decade now.

EDIT

Here are the tools and readme as promised since the site went down with all the info as these are hard to find now days.