360 XDK Help: Updating Pre-Release flash

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Development' started by D_Ban, Nov 4, 2016.

1. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

Ok so I got the original issues fixed but I need to update this XDK to a newer FLASH but upon trying 21256.12 it tells me it's no longer supported and I get this lovely message.

[​IMG]

Any idea how to get a newer flash? I need to test some beta's and have no other XDK hardware. I've dumped the flash which is 66MB inline with XeDK NAND sizes.

EDIT: Ok so remote recovery XDKRecoveryXenon4929.exe is the only one a pre-release hardware system will accept. It came up saying support would be removed in the february 2007 update.

Missed taking a pic of the feb 2007 screen but I managed to grab these for those interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Went from Flash: 4532.0 XDK: 4802.0 to Flash: 4548.0 XDK: 4929.0 doubt it could go any higher without hacking/modding.
    [​IMG]

===============
    OriginaI Post Below
    ==============

recently obtained an XDK from a shut down game company within the UK, The console is a prerelease Xenon and sadly the sidecar was broken and caused the system to not boot.

I removed the Sidecar and the HDD works a charm but it has data on I can't risk losing as it was deleted so I tried to install a new HDD.

I can't seem to get this drive to work, I've formatted it within the 360 dash but whenever I try to write files with FATXplorer I get Access Denied yet the original drives fine.

So I thought about trying to install FTP but for the life of me I cannot work out how to install FTP. I've got the 360 SDK installed etc and the right files needed. (I think)

I should point out I don't normally touch anything newer then the original xbox or PS2 so not great with 360's lol.

Pic of the dash below.

[​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated. It would mean getting better videos and screenshots of an alpha build of crackdown which for some reason is named CarWars.

I know the data I recovered works also but trying the files via DVD is being a pain and causes the system to take a lifetime to load.

[​IMG]
    Any help would mean alot I'm useless when it comes to newer stuff. :p

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  2. Stipo360

Stipo360 "That Dead Rising Guy"

Best thing to do would be to download the Xbox360 SDK, setup your IP via Ethernet, and transfer the files of the build to your PC for safe storage. After that you can attack the new HDD Swap which is a piece of cake :p

3. storm132

storm132 Site Supporter 2016

^

As Stipo said, best possible way of doing this is by downloading an Xbox 360 SDK and connecting your XDK to your network. It'll find it by name, and you can FTP from within it.

4. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

Sorry for delay been in bed. issue with the original hdd is the data was deleted from the drive by the old owner. Nothing from this drive shows in dash.

I spent 24 hours recovering it file by file. i want a new hdd on the xdk so i can test the recovered data as dvd loading is slow. i have the 360 SDK installed but it refuses to connect.

The new drive is formatted for the xdk already and shows within the dash but i don't know how to copy files to it other then ftp which isn't working. the new hdd also gives me access denied when trying it with the same program i used to recover data.

Will try and explain better tomorrow had to rush this.

5. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Xbox 360 neighborhood included with the sdk

6. plimdaddy

plimdaddy Rising Member

You'll be able to take screenshots from software included in Xbox Neighborhood aswell.

7. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

Sorry for the delay (again) haven't had a chance to try it properly until today.

Ok, So the 360 neighborhood will not connect AT ALL. I can see the 360 on my network but it won't connect. I've tried all ip's within th 360 and even tried all ip's showing on the network and the system name. It just fails to connect. (Should point out internet connection was disconnected but router was active.. don't want M$ banning the system lol.)

Do you reckon it's due to the age of the XDK? Wondering if M$ removed support from the latest SDK. Are there any older ones? (don't link against the rules :p)

8. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

Not sure but it might be possible that its age is the problem.
    Any of these SDK's tickle your fancy? let me know which to upload since I would rather not upload all 36GB :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are from the torrent we have around the download section somewhere but im way too lazy to look for the thread :D

CodeAsm and D_Ban like this.
  9. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

Hey @fate6 could I have the following if possible?

XDKSetupXenon2099.11.exe - 2417.4.exe 6274.exe 6534.exe 7645.1.exe 9328.exe > No sig folder XDKSetupXenon5426.exe

Doubt anything newer would work. Thanks for your help.

10. fate6

Did any of them end up working?

11. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

Sadly not. Not sure what is going on but it won't connect. I even tried FreeStyleDash/XexMenu but it won't connect still but it shows on my pc/router and the ip in the dash changes. I think something might be wrong with this not sure.

Thanks for the help though.

12. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Post pic of its network configuration

13. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

I've tried all these ip's/names nothing worked. tried FreeStyleDash which failed to load. Also tried XexMenu which doesn't connect also. :(

[​IMG]

14. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Firewall on your pc?

15. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

There isn't one on this minus the inbuilt windows one which I disabled. But saying that it did update the other day so I'll take another look you might be onto something.

EDIT: Noticed under another menu it was manual tried changing that (which I swear I've done before.) and it connected. Next step: Working out how the hell to update the XDK to a newer version so I can run newer XEX's lol.

If anybody knows how to update a 360 XDK let me know. :p

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    gladiator5 likes this.
  16. WorldGenesis

WorldGenesis :D

Interesting, what does the pre-release dashboard look like? :O

17. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

It's just the normal early blade dash after the early XDK dash.

Pics below though if you haven't seen them before.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fate6 likes this.
  18. fate6

I need Blades dash to be ported over to the latest recoveries ;_;
    I actually got the NXE dash sorta working but it's prone to crashes and always kicked me out to xshell after exiting a game with some error about needing a dash update to play the game. :(

19. XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon Site Supporter Since 2013

Hmm.... perhaps there is something we can with this.....

20. plimdaddy

plimdaddy Rising Member

I've had this issue before, if you use a flash installed onto a cd or dvd, i've had it get past this issue