32x Proto Found : Pinocchio

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Radar, Jan 28, 2010.

1. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

It was a game that was released for both genesis and snes. However a 32x port has never been heard of until now. So it has been unreleased for 32x.

2. Ryo Suzuki

Ryo Suzuki Rapidly Rising Member

Is pretty interesting. Is good to hear news from new unreleased stuff.

Wich differences? Can you mention some?

Thanks for sharing this.

LD likes this.
  3. Raistlin

Raistlin Member

Sorry for bumping this old thread but I still have hopes that we can play this Rom one day. The library for the 32X is so small every released Rom would be awesome.

4. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Well, the OP hasn't visited the forum in three years, so I wouldn't hold my breath on that one! ;-)

LD and Syclopse like this.
  5. Geekman1222

Geekman1222 Spirited Member

How do you guys come across this stuff xD. is it like you find it on ebay as an unknown board or at a flea market lol

6. Radar

Radar Rising Member

I'm still working on getting this dumped one day.

good, Gree443, skarpo01 and 6 others like this.
  7. Moo

Moo Gutsy Member

Hope you do. It'd be awesome. Wonder if a retrode would work?

8. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Damn, I forgot I had even posted in this topic before. Sorry about being a jerk before, think I interpreted the being given "permission" thing in the wrong way.

It's nice to see after all these years there's hopefully still a chance to see this guy's collection shared someday. His Spot Goes to Hollywood for SNES intrigued me the most since it's unreleased.

I'm kind of confused but a quick Google search gives me the impression a Retrode would dump a 32X game just fine. Sounds like you just need to unscrew the plastic molding so you can fit the cart since 32X carts were a bit bigger than a Genesis cart.

9. contrafan

contrafan Peppy Member

Actually, he won't even need to unscrew anything if he still has a 32X. Just insert the 32X with the game in, into the Retrode.

10. Moo

Moo Gutsy Member

Do you have to plug it in too?

11. contrafan

contrafan Peppy Member

No, just inserted with the cart on top no wires to the 32x.

12. KGRAMR

KGRAMR Gaming aficionado raised by family & friends.

I'm really sorry for bumping this again but, is the ROM of the game now out there? i'm curious to play this.

Bramsworth likes this.
  13. Bramsworth

I've wondered about this for a long time now, plus the same guy has a Spot Goes to Hollywood proto for SNES. Would really like to see them out there someday.

LD, frogz2007 and KGRAMR like this.
  14. LD

LD Peppy Member

Fantastic find and really appreciate you sharing.

You find a lot of lost games from the 3DO/Jaguar/CD32/Panther/CDTV/32X era were merely enhanced (and i use the term loosely :) ) Ports..CD games getting an intro, more cutscenes, CD Music, maybe an exclusive level if lucky, Jaguar CD Soul Star uses Mega CD code, just has the visuals (bar the floor terrain) touched up..Andrew smith of Core design telling AEO, how tight deadlines and difficulties encountered learning the Jaguar hardware, meant the bulk of the code was ported from the MCD's 68000 to the Jaguar and he actually found the Jaguar's soundchip to be the most impressive part of the hardware.

He went onto explain a cartridge version of the game would of been possible, cut back compared to the CD version of course and it would of been Atari's decision to put it on cartridge..but he was confident a decent enough version could be done on cartridge...

But it does not mean they are any less worthy of coverage i feel, the fact they are still being found is fantastic news and i hope there are many more such finds awaiting discovery.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  15. KGRAMR

In actuallity, Soulstar on the Jaguar is more like a combination of the Sega CD & 32X version (higher resolution, more detailed sprites, more colors, redesigned cutscenes & last but not least higher music quality). Too bad that, while it's complete, it can't be released due to legal issues with the current owner of the IP but sooner or later, someone will dump the ISO online.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  16. KGRAMR

Hey man :) Do you plan to dump the prototype online someday? That would be cool :D

17. Bramsworth

Still waiting to hopefully hear about the Spot Goes to Hollywood proto for SNES, too. I don't think Radar visits these forums much anymore, though. Last sign in was 2016.

Greg2600 and KGRAMR like this.
  18. Pikmin

Pikmin Resolute Member

Would love to play Spot goes to Hollywood someday too. Finished the mega drive version back in the day. Maybe I should replay it on psx