1CHIP SNES SuperCIC and mod help

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by keropi, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Palthe

Palthe Newly Registered

There we are, corrected. Thanks Kel & Borti, will give it a go installing this weekend.

Kel Design SNES 1chip minus IGR.jpg

2. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

The X1 right bit you can remove, TC1+ works for both the mini/jr and the "phat" snes.

3. Bearking

Bearking Konsolkongen

I too can confirm that Palthe's board design works :)

Here are some pictures of my install:
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e236/Konsolkongen/Various mods/DSC_0086_zpssloaiqsg.jpg
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e236/Konsolkongen/Various mods/DSC_0082_zpscfzuqxff.jpg

And here's some of the jailbar fix (which works perfectly, thank you very much Max War :) ):
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e236/Konsolkongen/Various mods/DSC_0084_zpszv7wxlwt.jpg
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e236/Konsolkongen/Various mods/DSC_0083_zpsvotulli7.jpg

I wanted everything to be detachable from the mainboard in case I ever needed to add other mods. It turned out alright I think.

4. keropi

keropi Familiar Face

^ what is the jailbar fix? the yellow wire from S-RGB to the av port? is it c-sync?

5. Bearking

Bearking Konsolkongen

6. keropi

keropi Familiar Face

^ thanks!
    I already know of the caps, I am more interested in the c-sync mod, is it just a wire from s-rgb to the port?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  7. Bearking

Bearking Konsolkongen

8. keropi

keropi Familiar Face

awesome, thanks again! I was under the impression that c-sync was absent in PAL consoles, guess I was wrong :)

9. cam

cam Member

Hey guys,

I had to work abroad all summer so I left my SNES mini as it was at the end of June.
    I didn't notice before but I have an issue with my SNES mini. It does work fine most of the times but it happens that I don't get any picture. I do have sound so I know the game is working but no pictures at all...
    Any idea why? Does someone experience the same issue?

Thanks for your help guys

EDIT: I did pause secret of mana because I needed to check something on my laptop and when switch back to AV on my flat screen TV, the screen stayed black. TV issue? Weird... Does someone has this sometimes with his flat screen TV?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  10. bart_simpson

bart_simpson Dauntless Member

hey guys do I solder on the pin 9 once lifted ???

11. cam

cam Member

Answer was page 4 of this thread...

12. bart_simpson

bart_simpson Dauntless Member

yes i worked it out in the end lol.

13. Gredde

Gredde Member

Hello, all. I've been scouring the Web to try and find a good walk through on a super cic mod for a 1 chip snes and this is really the only good one. I know it's a late post, but could anyone help me by listing out exactly what parts needs to go on a breadboard and I think I can take it the rest of the way. Just confused on what parts are needed for this mod.

14. borti4938

borti4938 Robust Member

This is the only good one??? You are joking...
    Putting everything on a breadboard is just a good solution if you love to build every thing up on your own. If you want to go for it, I recommend to buy the components at Bad_Ad84 - this should be a good price if you just buy this few components. http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/for-sale-modding-parts-chips-etc.39971/
    There are other solutions based on custom made printed circuit boards - a quite better and more robust solution in my point of view ;)
    Just to mention two examples: Bad_Ad84 offers a kit with SuperCIC+uIGRv2+50/60switch+PCB, too. If you want to go on your own, just look at OSHPark - search for SNES ;)

Helder likes this.
  15. Gredde

Gredde Member

Thanks very much, borti!

16. Gredde

Gredde Member

Hello again all,
    I am sending a picture of Bad_Ad84's custom board b/c I have a few questions about some points. Just asking where these points are on the SNES board and please advise/correct if my guess is wrong, I am going off attached layout:
    Gnd (got it)
    +5v (got it)
    CPU (s-cpu pin 9?)
    TC+ (snes Jr only?)
    S-RGB (s-RGB pin 9?)
    D4 (?)
    CIC 12781011 (got it)

LED G&R (I assume to replace current lamp, but is it okay to use a multi color lamp [I think the one I bought outputs 3 colors] and is there anything more to it than maybe using some resistors? Also is D_GND used for the lamp, if so, good spot?

PAD 2-4 (?)

Sorry for the long list, I'm obviously novice, but trying to get better with circuitry. Let me know if attachments don't work. Thanks in advance!!!

Attached Files:

17. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Are you installing in a 1chip console?

If so, CPU goes to SCPU pin 111 (and must be lifted from the board)
    TC+ is correct on both Snes JR and 1chip phats
    D4 - do not use this, its for an addon that currently I dont sell (but you can use other D4 patch boards)
    S-RGB is correct - S-RGB pin 9 (and must be lifted from the board)

Pad 2-4 are to pins 2, 3 and 4 on controller port 1.

18. Gredde

Gredde Member

Hi again everyone.
    I'm still not finished with the mod and I've run into trouble.
    I'm attaching pictures to help you diagnose. I chose to attach the super cic to the alternative points on the back of the board rather than the removed cic on the front. I have sound but no picture. What am I missing? Can anyone tell from the pics?

Attached Files:

19. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

You dont need the resistor on the CIC pads - its built into the PCB.

Have you removed the original crystal? it looks like its still installed from the solder at the back (and no pic from the front)

20. Gredde

Gredde Member

Okay, thank you on the resistor.
    Yes, the original crystal is removed.
    I'm going to check once more on all the contacts to make sure there is nothing touching that shouldnt be.
    Anything else you can see?