1:1 NTSC SNES Console Clone / Replica!

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Dosno, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dosno

Dosno Active Member

Hello everyone;

I recently picked up this NTSC SNES system from a guy in Russia. At first glance, it looks exactly identical to the genuine console. However there are a few small signs to tell that this is a clone just before looking inside it. Notice there is an "O" missing from the word "Nintendo" on the sticker at the back? There are also 2 Asian stickers that at one point tried to cover up the screw holes on the bottom of the unit itself. Whoever made this put some serious time and effort into making it look authentic, I know there have been 1 or 2 similar systems posted on here before but this is by far the most impressive one of its kind to date. This one even has its very own serial number! UN17204041. (And yes it does have the expansion port underneath too, albeit not the original one) The console has a few chips on the edges, suggesting that this was strangely produced with some kind of organic or "living" plastic material as over time the plastic is starting to biodegrade and break down. Possibly caused by the number of times that this thing has been opened in the past.

Now looking at the inside, you can see straight away that this clearly is a clone. Whats interesting about this one is that the heat sink inside looks very unique, I have not seen a heat sink like that before. The motherboard itself is marked as "S4" which is also strange to me. Here we can also see various chips that are made by Sony, Motorola and Toshiba. The built quality inside is again very well done.

I have just posted some photos of this thing right here on the site and I will also get them onto this thread. Any other information would be greatly appreciated, thanks! snes.JPG snes 6.JPG snes 7.JPG snes 2.JPG snes 3.JPG snes 4.JPG snes 5.JPG snes.JPG snes 6.JPG snes 7.JPG snes 2.JPG snes 3.JPG snes 4.JPG snes 5.JPG

2. Armorant

Armorant Spirited Member

It's just another 7805 heatseank, there are many of them.
    You can't even imagine how much creepy clones were here. If I remember correct even AVGN has one "rare" game. :)

Attached Files:

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Spirited Member

Hello, is there any way to get a good pic of the solder side of the board?

Syclopse likes this.
  4. Dosno

Dosno Active Member

I can get a
    I think you have just found the closest looking heat sink to what I have, based on the one you showed me and the other results on Google images. Most appear to be black whereas mine is the typical silver color and most importantly the ducts on mine appear in a triangular shaped formation whereas your example and pretty much most others appear to have straight-pointing ducts. Close but no cigar ;)

5. Dosno

Dosno Active Member

I can get a photo of what you want to see, but curious to know what difference it would make? What more will you know from seeing the solder side of this board?

6. Getta Robo

Getta Robo Robust Member

Have you tested it with any games? Did you noticed any compatibility issues or glitches?

Dosno likes this.
  7. Dosno

Dosno Active Member

Thank you for asking a normal question, at the moment I am waiting to receive the cables etc to fully test it. I purchased it as spares/repairs so basically its untested. I am hoping there is something unique about this particular system :)

8. Digmac

Digmac Removed for Not Reuploading Juiced Fast Enough

This is a generic clone. There is nothing special about it. We know what we are talking about here. This isn't a prototype or anything worthwhile. You got a generic ripoff system and it isn't special in any way other than its fake.

-=FamilyGuy=- and Ergot_Cholera like this.
  9. Getta Robo

Getta Robo Robust Member

I see, please let us know when you receive those cables. I am well aware that many Russian / eastern Europe and south American clones had perfect compatibility and options such as region free gameplay, things weren't available on the genuine Nintendo system, it is possible that yours is one of them "good" clones too.

Dosno likes this.
  10. Dosno

Dosno Active Member

How or where in this post did I brand as a "prototype"? Some people on here do not know what they are talking about, I just had another user try his hardest to show me photos,YouTube videos and other posts in a desperate bid to lowball and downgrade this item. Luckily I did my homework and everything/anything else I have seen thus far does not come close to this clone that I have. Unless you can show me an identical clone (and no, not a SNES JR clone or other similar clone) it is by no means generic. The only person you are trying to fool here is yourself.

Yakumo likes this.
  11. Dosno

Dosno Active Member

I appreciate the positivity and optimism :) there have been 1 or 2 others on here who claim its "nothing special at all" yet they have failed to show me solid evidence of an identical version. Possibly a little jealous? I am not trying to be some kind of show-off, I know what I have is something not ordinary and just want to know a little more about it :)

12. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

RGB SCART working correctly would be big. Seems like it's THE first thing on the chopping block for clone systems.

Dosno likes this.
  13. Dosno

Dosno Active Member

is that the "RF OUT" connection on the back? I have purchased just a standard AV cable for now but I am interested to see what picture this gives out and what the sound quality is like too. Judging by what chips are on the board and who they are made by, combined with the decent build quality, I would guess there is a good chance it might be working? But I wont know anything until I get it powered up..

14. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

RF uses the old TV antenna channels, picture and sound on one wire.
    RGB is more like a computer monitor.

Dosno likes this.
  15. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

Any chance to see the underside of the board? Following the traces to the multi-out connector might be helpful. Don't mean to sound rude, but if you do not even have a clue what RGB is, there's just sooo many things other than the console itself that could throw you off (cable sold as RGB but is actually composhite, the whole PAL/NTSC cap/resistor confusion, TV may not accept the signal, ...), so it might make sense to narrow things down a bit beforehand. For example, if the rgb pins aren't even connected, that simplifies things ;)

16. Dosno

Dosno Active Member

Another person on here wanted to see a photo of that too, as well as a photo of "anything near the CIC chip". Now with respect, I have not paid 50 Bucks for this thing just to give you or him a free show. Some people on here might already know that these photos are the same ones that the seller used to sell the item to me and like I did with said other user, I am willing to show you some basic photos from my camera to prove I now own this system. But as for showing any new-new photos at this early stage in time, it will have to be a No for now.

DeChief and Syclopse like this.
  17. Dosno

Dosno Active Member

I see that regular genuine SNES 1 chip systems on ebay can do this RGB thing, so what would make this clone special if it can do it too? What's the difference in a clone SNES or original 1 chip SNES displaying an RGB image?

18. Nice.

Nice. Member

You ask people for information about this console, but when they ask for pictures to help find out more, you won't give them?

-=FamilyGuy=-, st!, shicky256 and 5 others like this.
  19. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

^ this. Applying your very own logic, you did not pay us (or at least me, can't really speak for the others I guess) anything to help (or "give you a show"), so that's exactly what you'll be getting. There We Are Then.

Ergot_Cholera and SaturnHST like this.
  20. Dosno

Dosno Active Member

I posted 7 photos of this console, showing the outside and the inside. I think that is more than enough. I paid 50 Bucks for this and I am not going to give anybody a free show. 1 day in the future, I might post some brand new images. Watch this space..

DeChief likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.