SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

Your other hobbies?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Alien Workshop, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Pulsar

Pulsar Spirited Member

Got a few other things I guess you can call hobbies.

Flashlights and flashlight modding is one. Its pretty impressive the amount of light you can get out of LEDs these days.

Camp stoves and lanterns is another. Its fun playing with them and quite handy in times without power, and sure handy when camping.

Ecigs. Helps keep me off cigarettes, and the technology with it is moving so fast. I usually find something I like, and stick with it a while. Right now I am in the process of upgrading my devices again. Its a hit or miss and some are better for others than some other devices.

Board games. We got probably 50+ board and card games, and way more money invested than I'd like to think.

Building my computer is another hobby, though a slow one. Every once in a while I will get something new and I like tearing it down, cleaning it out and trying to run the wires as clean and least visible as I can. I'd like to be able to afford to put a new graphics card, power supply, ssd and a few new HDDs in raid, and some more ram soon. Its not all that powerful compared to today's specs, but its still pretty powerful and snappy considering I built it about 5 years ago and have not really upgraded any major components that effect performance.

That's about it at the moment. There's more but could be a while

2. Pulsar

Pulsar Spirited Member

I had an 84 Mazda 626. Was a pretty cool car. The air vents on the dash would automatically move side to side like a desk fan. Could push a button and the suspension would stiffen up and drop a hair, had a little joystick to adjust your speakers... On top of all that, it had a million secrete compartments. I could fit 3 road sodas in a hidden compartment in the doors. It would have been a drug traffickers dream with all the other built in compartments.

Edit: cars would be another hobby if I could afford it. There is a lot of cars I would like to have.
    I would like another 96 Saab 900se turbo. It was the last year before GM started to ruin them. Car was real fun, but I beat the crap out of it.
    Late model rx7 is another. R34 or earlier gtr, but prefer the r34.

Got an 08 Nissan xterra I been wanting to build up for off road use. Had it for 4 years and finally bought a 2" bilstein suspension lift. Bilstein height adjustable struts in front, bilstein extended travel shocks in rear with adjustable shackles. Also went from 31" tires to 32x10.5" all terrain, next set will be 33x12" off road tires. Been hiding money away and think I will be getting a volant intake soon also.
    Will wait til it's paid off to pit the snorkel on it, tune it to enable wide open throttle, and maybe more suspension lift and maybe 2" body lift. Going mush over 2" suspension lift is expensive for the xterra though. Would love to eventually do a solid axle swap too. Pricey, but would be much better overall in the end

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  3. Lyth

Lyth Spirited Member

I also "vape" ecigs. I have a EGO + EVOD, EGO + Protank (Great for a cheapy), and a VapeLyf Mod clone.

I prefer tanks as I don't have to constantly drip. I chain vape pretty much all day.

4. Pulsar

Pulsar Spirited Member

I been using a 4nine mod with a magma RDA. I don't need to drip too often. Can get about 15 drops in it before it will start to leak

I got a segeili (I think that's how its spelled) 100w mod on the way, along with a freakshow and a little boy RDA. The rebuildable tanks I tried are finicky and hard to get a good build that tapes good without flooding or dry hits.

5. Dijitil

Dijitil Member

I have lots of random hobbies... Photography (Joealonzo.com), racing (wannagofast.com), and just messing around with anything electronic.

6. bacteria

bacteria I am the Bacman

Apart from gaming, I like modding retro game consoles and also cooking - i'm a pretty competent cook! ;)

7. gladders

gladders Robust Member

I love to read, and am writing a history book in my spare time. I also enjoy cooking although if I'm not cooking for anybody else I'll probably just live off sandwiches!

8. supersega

supersega I have 7 and a half PS1s in my room alone.

I do computer stuff like overclocking and benchmarking. Working on getting a dry ice pot to overclock without fear of overheating. That being said, I'm also into pretty much anything computers. I also like finding hard-to-find things for people as of lately. Found a few old TV service manuals and the screen for the HiSaturn recently.

Also into RC stuff. I am a sponsored racer and that really helps with the high costs of the hobby.

9. foxbox

foxbox Rapidly Rising Member

Aging.
    Worshipping my waifu.
    Drinking coffee.
    Screaming at traffic.

Nothing special. But then again, talking up about oneself is kinda gauche.

10. bacteria

bacteria I am the Bacman

"Gauche" means "lacking social grace, sensitivity, or acuteness; awkward; crude; tactless" - which actually describes most users of the internet at some point to different degrees; and especially social media site users; IMO. Good word, had to look it up.

11. dcnigma

dcnigma Active Member

Well i do some inline skating :) when i have the time and the weather is good...
    Did some photography, graphics design, sign making, repairs, street art..
    most of my stuff can be found on my blog :) http://dcnigma.eu5.org/

12. pato

pato Fiery Member

Cars, I plan to own one this month, either an RWD or AWD from the 90s.

13. capsulej

capsulej Rising Member

Learn something new every day.

14. MachineCode

MachineCode The Devil

My other hobbies include the following: Programming and computer hardware. Breadboarding and electronic hardware in general. I've played guitar for over 20 years now. Freelance recording (used to work at a studio). Skateboarding. I was into cars but didn't really have the dough to do anything worthwhile with it, so that's on the back burner. Vinyl records. Was into SCUBA diving, but its been a while. Expensive hobby but really cool.

15. Goblin 6

Goblin 6 Rising Member

some of my hobbies besides collecting retro games are: playing Yu Gi Oh with a friend and collecting, getting bags of chips from other countries and tasting the interesting flavors they have. freerunning and exploring abandoned buildings when given the chance.

16. Rogue

Rogue Intrepid Member

Where are you from?

17. Goblin 6

Goblin 6 Rising Member

right now i live in the united states sarasota florida

18. Digmac

Digmac Removed for Not Reuploading Juiced Fast Enough

Cars are my thing. They leave me more speechless then video games sometimes, but video games are A LOT more budget friendly :p

19. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Exercising. I usually run ~4 miles 5 days a week. Also listening to music and watch movies/TV shows. I guess pretty much standard stuff haha.

20. kree8

kree8 Member

I love lego and building original lego things. playing around with Dev kits like the raspberry pi and humminyboard. magic the gathering. cooking. reading comic books. anime and figuring out how to play games in the classroom... 'class today we gonna play a game... wait wait no... have an educational experience...'