1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

Xbox 360 Jasper R-JTAG in 2016?

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by kreg, Nov 15, 2016.

1. ddxcb

ddxcb Gota J.T.A.G. That Xbone Yo.

Can I murder the idiot who came up with "R-JTAG"

It such an idiot thing to begin with.

Bad_Ad84 likes this.
  2. kreg

kreg Rapidly Rising Member

Tell me more, as to why? Is R-JTAG really just a RGH? I'm still trying to learn what it is.

3. kreg

4. ddxcb

ddxcb Gota J.T.A.G. That Xbone Yo.

It's a scam that was created for no reason.

All it's doing is using the RGH, ("The glitching of the CB/CB2") and loading the exploitable CD that can run the 4532 Kernel then booting the old Exploit using the SMC ("They call JTAG").

which is longer than doing the orginal RGH exploit.

5. doulomb

doulomb Robust Member

Is anyone interested in buying an RGH console? I have like 5 stockpiled, from falcons to coronas.

For some reason I've seen this image floating around that says you should use R-JTAG if you have a console that is updated past a certain point (I believe 14797 or something like that). Anyone know where this idea came from?

-doulomb

6. kreg

What kind of hardware is in any of the phats? I might be intrested. PM me.

7. zeruel85

zeruel85 Active Member

Glitching SECOTP function is more reliable in term of precision then glitching MEMCMP function.

There was no CBA_MFG_9188 out there when R-JTAG rolled out, so, for me, it was (and it is) a great hack.

8. Zeigren

Zeigren Rising Member

So R-JTAG as the name implies is kind of like a mix of JTAG and RGH. That is a really shitty explanation but it uses similar wiring as JTAG but you still need a modchip to glitch the system like RGH. Oh @zeruel85 and @ddxcb know whats up.

As far as longevity I could see if you threw your Xbox 360 around a lot and your modchip or wires weren't secured very well it would stop working once you broke a solder joint or two.
    I've had modded Xbox 360s for five years now, maybe longer? That have been just fine. If you're worried about getting a Red Ring with a phat console once you mod it you can change the target temperature of the console (the temp it will try to stay at). Then your 360 will stay cooler and won't get into the "danger zone". I usually set it to try and stay at 60C or 65C. Also make sure its in a well ventilated area :p Another thing you could do is if you never use the DVD drive you can just take it out so it's not insulating the GPU.

I would 100% steer clear of CR4XL for any Phat 360 they are a pain in the ass. You have to spend a lot of time tuning them to get good boot times. I've had problems getting a CR4XL to work on Falcons but I've had success with Jaspers so them "not working with phat consoles" is probably bogus. They're just hard to get to work in some cases.

Using RGH 1.2 with a X360 Ace V3 is the way to go, no RGH, RGH2, or R-JTAG nonsense. It's cheap, easy, and you get great boot times. You can find an X360 Ace V3 for like $5 on eBay. You have to flash the modchip for your specific console but that's easy enough if your already capable of modding the 360 to begin with. With a Falcon/Jasper you can flash it with a timing file that will automatically adjust itself to boot the console instantaneously. So the first time you turn it on it might take 30 seconds or so but after that as long as the console is plugged in and has power it will boot instantly. At least if your wiring isn't garbage.

You would also need/want a J-R Programmer V2 for dumping your 360s NAND and flashing the X360 Ace V3. They're like $25.

For the wiring I know some people swear by using those coax cables for CPU_RST but honestly any decent stranded wire would do just fine for that as well as the rest of the wiring. Maybe like 24 gauge? I kind of just use what random stuff I have laying on my workbench lol.

The tutorials online for the Ace V3 are a bit lackluster, so if you wind up going that route I could hook you up with my own personal tutorial files to make it easier. You might still need to look stuff up but at least the majority of the info you would need would be in one place.

Here I'll try and answer some of your questions:

"Could the CR4 XL's that supposedly don't support Jasper, just be needing reprogrammed? Can they be reprogrammed with a recommended programmer? I have worked with a Xilinx USB recently on a GCVideo project."
    They don't need to be reprogrammed, they're just hard to get just right in phat consoles sometimes.

"Is CR4 XL a RGH mod?
    Is it newer than R-JTAG?
    Is CR4 XL also a R-JTAG mod?"
    For the Xbox 360 hardware modding timeline as far as I can remember you have JTAG, RGH1, RGH2/RGH1.2, and finally R-JTAG. So R-JTAG is the newest, but that doesn't make it the best.
    CR4 XL can do RGH as well as R-JTAG

"If I could do R-JTAG over RGH, would I not want to use R-JTAG instead?"
    In theory you would do R-JTAG over RGH2 but like I said RGH 1.2 is the way to go. Unless you can do just straight JTAG, but you need a console on a really old dash to do that.

"The only R-JTAG concept I have seen so far is the Kit from Team Xecuter called the Stater or Ultimate. Does TX consider those R-JTAG kits as obsolete, and replaced by newer things for Jasper, such as Rev C or CR4 XL?"
    The Coolrunner Rev C is old at this point, but you can use it for RGH 1.2 if you reflash it. The R-JTAG kits are obsolete, the CR4 XL is the final ultimate hardware modchip by TX for the Xbox 360.

"I looked over some Matrix products. There seems to be a handful. The V3 seemed to be a revisit of V1, and the V2 looked to be more advanced. I'm not really sure. There are just so many products out there."
    X360 Ace V3! I really like that you can use a dynamic timing file with it, you can't do that with some of the other modchips.

"Anyone have a rough chronology of when some of these TX things released? R-JTAG, Rev C, CR3, CR4, CR4 XL?"
    Should be Rev C (earlier 2012), CR3 (later 2012), R-JTAG (2013), CR4 XL (2014). I don't remember them making just a CR4? Might of just spaced that one.

Tl;dr
    xbawks360noscope

9. vectrac20tsri

vectrac20tsri Member

Just a note, Im pretty sure if you use a ace v3 on a phat you have to remove a resistor and solder a 1.8v wire. Also when the resistor is removed you can't flash timing files so you would have to bridge once it's removed then unbridge once flashed.

10. zeruel85

zeruel85 Active Member

It's a diode. And you can flash it feeding 1V8 from the motherboard, AFAIK.

11. Flappyraccoon

Flappyraccoon Rapidly Rising Member

I have a Falcon laying around with an old dash capable of doing the boxxdr JTAG. I'm too lazy to mod it since I already have my Jasper but if anyone is interested I could dig it out of storage.

12. Onkel

Onkel Newly Registered

Hey there guys , I'm new in here , have a jasper witch I want it dual nand. Ace v3 and jr programmer v2 is what I need to order aswel right? Not so much could have been changed I guess.can anyone please link me with a good guide to do this? Thank you very much

13. Killah

Killah Active Member

For a dual nand mod ur gonna need a demon from xecuter or similar product I think

14. Onkel

Onkel Newly Registered

Not necessarily double , can be triple , that's why I was thinking about ace.not sure what to chose