SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

which cartridge shell is compatible with the Everdrive 8N?

Discussion in 'Everdrive N8' started by mdmx, Feb 14, 2013.

1. TylerL

TylerL Member

If you really feel that the suits at the retro gaming industry giants are neglecting the Famicom cart shell market, it sounds like you have a perfect business opportunity all wrapped up and ready for the taking.
    You better get on it before someone else does.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  2. SkinnyV

SkinnyV Rapidly Rising Member

I'm talking about NES and SNES, which are already available anyway. I doubt there would be too much use for Famicom shell.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  3. axearmor

axearmor Member

so I received an Everdrive 8N and i'm happy with it.
    now where can I buy a "plug n play" famicom shell ? Thanks.

4. XiTaU

XiTaU Active Member

i just opened an adventure island cart and its not a glob top its got chips on it and a different layout inside will have to look for a different shell.
    strange thing is of the 7 different profiles on http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/profile.php?id=3684 there was no picture of a different shaped pcb so i assumed they all came glob toped.

5. nesboy43

nesboy43 Active Member

I can't understand why someone is angry over the concern of games being destroyed. If you own a game it is your right to destroy it. These aren't the only Madden carts in existence. I even remember when I was younger how many kids had completely trashed their games and systems by treating them badly since they are toys anyways. If I go and buy Madden 2013 for PS3 new at the store and break the disc no one would care. However if it is for an older console it makes it "history"? These are mass produced items that no one cares about. He isn't taking Everdrive shells from actual N64 prototypes or anything like that. The funny thing about this is that the Everdrive will be able to play the very same game that is being removed from the shell anyways.

6. Evotistical

Evotistical Robust Member

Also by him making these carts, they only gain value. Think about the doctor64, or even NES repros(some using other carts) that are out of print. They either keeping or gaining in value. Bottles from the prohibition era(people had way more fun with them than NES golf) can cost upwards of 10k, depending on there rarity. People threw those out. I have an idea, buy up a bunch of the "filler carts" on ebay, save them, and when everyone else depletes they're resource of crappy games, you will have alot of them. And when your 200 years old cash in! Stuff only gets rare and more interesting, the more time passes on, and the more people throw it away or recycle it for different uses. So maybe SAG is doing the community a favor?:nightmare:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  7. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Not now. It'll be something like comic books and baseball cards. Eventually authentic supplies in acceptable condition will dry up.

8. nesboy43

nesboy43 Active Member

I disagree, there are still tons of collectibles that aren't valuable because no one cares about them any more. Go to a swap meet, thrifst store, or record store, and look at all the Glen Campbell and Herb Alpert Records that no one wants. Vinyl has made a huge comeback and the music that still holds up to this day has been selling like crazy. I don't think anyone is going to try and relive their childhood by playing Madden 96, they have moved on. I can see commons that are popular continuing to rise in price but sports games and movie games have been dirt cheap for as long as I can remember.

9. Evotistical

Evotistical Robust Member

Yea to anyone who thinks my mint 30 year old atari ET game is worth something, I have it for 100$ plus shipping :) Its going to be super rare one day!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013