What are the worst games you have played on any system ?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by brendand, Apr 18, 2012.

1. brendand

brendand Fiery Member

I am curious =p

2. eugene19

eugene19 Rising Member

MEGA-CD Heavy Nova.
    Must avoid!

3. 7Force

7Force Saturn > PS1+N64

Ones I've actually played real copies of or owned, so no emulating or anything like that:

NES: The Incredible Crash Dummies
    Mega Drive: Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
    PC: Tough one, there have been so many bad PC games I've had over the years, but Transformers: Beast Wars sticks out as a really bad one.
    Game Gear: Sonic Labyrinth (although Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is close)
    PS2: probably Sega Ages Golden Axe
    360: TMNT

4. AleffCorrea

AleffCorrea <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

5. TreblaYevrah

TreblaYevrah <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

I don't seem to remember being too judgemental toward games back in the SNES days, as I was pretty much content just to play anything. My first console was a Sega Master System, which I still own... but it's broken. The only game I remember being somewhat sceptical toward on that was Spy Vs Spy, since I believe it only had one level? Could be wrong on that... it has been years.

I guess in more recent years, I'd have to say Sonic the Hedgehog on PS3. I'm obviously not the only person to call it terrible, and I even bought the game knowing full well how unpopular it was. Needless to say, there is a reason for that. The game is pretty rough around the edges to begin with, so not only is it dull, but you need to sit through ridiculously long load times before you even get a chance enter the levels (not to mention those horrible town missions). Maybe the load times are better on Xbox 360, I don't know... either way, it's bad.

On a side note, my favorite "bad game" is True Crime: New York City. It's clearly a buggy, unfinished mess, but somehow it makes the game quite entertaining, like being able to roundhouse kick people next to their cars and then watching them float slowly toward the clouds before vanishing into nothing. On the other hand, having the road shift back and forth beneath you as your driving around the city is a bit disturbing.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  6. stranno

stranno Enthusiastic Member

Taxi 2 of Playstation, the most infamous driving game of all times (its like a million time worse than Big Rigs, and its actually finished)

7. Cyantist

Cyantist <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Games I've played recently.
    Big Rigs - Doesn't need an introduction
    Combat Medic - Doesn't work but from what I've heard its crap anyway
    Postal 2 - A good game but the shit DRM refuses to run on Windows 7. I Hate Starforce.

8. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Conservator of Knowledge

Possibly mexico or the Forest of New England... I
    Space Giraffe I hate that game so much that even Jeff Minter himself knows I hate it and him for making it.

9. brendand

brendand Fiery Member

lol sounds like there is a fair few bad games out there the worst ones i own are

Action 52 Sega Genesis
    Shaq fu Sega Genesis
    Rise of the robots Sega Megadrive
    Way of the warrior 3DO
    and some other bad ones on various systems and what is that one on that picture ?? is that a Brazil Megadrive game ? idk i never played one so no idea

10. BahnNZ

BahnNZ Robust Member

I like playing the occasional bad game they help you appreciate the good ones more. Recent bad games:

Leisure Suit Larry - Box Office Bust
    Supposed to be the worst game of 2009 but not actually that bad. To be truly bad a game has to be broken, full of script errors and bits where you get stuck in the scenery and unresponsive controls and the rest. Leisure Suit Larry is just a bit corny and a bit boring. Doesn't deserve worst game of 2009.
    N.O.V.A - PSP
    Port of the iPhone game. Again, not properly bad, just really dull. It's kinda like Halo if Halo was designed by your mum.
    Blood Stone 007 - Again, just deathly dull and boring.

Bad games have been disappointing me. Need to bring out the 3DO and the Atari Jaguar for some real genuine suck.

11. Yakumo

Yakumo Moderator Staff Member

Blood Stone is good IMO. Looks nice and plays well. A nice change from the FPS Bond games. I even like the driving sections apart from the ice one. That is a pain in the arse.

Yakumo

12. _SD_

_SD_ Resolute Member

Pitfighter and Mortal Kombat on the Gameboy.

13. CHR_AeON

CHR_AeON Rising Member

Probably Wayne's World on the SNES, one of the worst licensed games, I've ever played...

14. CrAzY

CrAzY SNES4LIFE

Played the New RE:ORC yesterday for 360...

I can safely say that deserves a spot on this list. Talk about fucking boring! I can't believe they managed to make it even worse from 4-5.
    First enemies you fight are Guerrilla Warfare type troopers that can sustain multiple headshot's and just get knocked back (even on Normal)... *Yawn*
    Not to mention the game is devoid of any kind of terror that can be induced since you are just wandering around with your lil' group the whole time in an Action oriented environment.
    Turned off the game after about 20 minutes.

15. Lum

Lum Site Soldier

Um... Sonic Spinball is one of those games I really want to like from its concept, then remember I always have to give up in level 2. The layout frustration increase over level 1 goes beyond my skill/luck.

While I'm too biased against Final Fantasy XII to give a fair chance. After playing a few early fights I pretty much quit offended. Sorry but I'll never accept anything other than KOTOR as the pinnacle of KOTOR-resembling battle mechanics!

16. eugene19

eugene19 Rising Member

I was looking at my shelf, and realized I had another "worst game".

Famicom: Toki no tabi bito

It's extremely funny for the first 5 minutes, then we stop laughing and change games.

17. BahnNZ

BahnNZ Robust Member

I haven't liked any of the recent Bond games, although I'm told that remake of GoldenEye on Wii is good.

18. DefectX11

DefectX11 Familiar Face

Shaq Fu for the genesis.
    John Woo stranglehold- brutally terrible, yet hilarious to play. A terrible game no doubt, but that $5 gave me a good few hours of screwing with the game.

19. angelwolf71885

angelwolf71885 Dauntless Member

ET 2600 ide rather play sonic the hedgehog 2006

20. BahnNZ

BahnNZ Robust Member

I quite liked Stranglehold, it was Max Payne 2 1/2. For it's time it was a decent enough shooter, wouldn't cut it these days though.

I have a feeling Bulletstorm on PS3/360/PC is actually a really bad game with terrible story, dialogue and characters but nobody has the balls to say it because it looks so good and cliffyb is involved.

Also I got beef with Heavy Nova getting worse game on Mega CD. Night Trap says hello... Actually there was worse than Night Trap. Marky Mark Make my Video comes to mind.

Also I have a feeling Brutal Legend also looks and plays like a sack of crap, but people like Tim Schafer and Jack Black too much to say so.