1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

Unofficial Everdrive N8 Compatiblity List

Discussion in 'Everdrive N8' started by SkinnyV, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Tempest_2084

Tempest_2084 Spirited Member

Dood

2. butfluffy

butfluffy Robust Member

with krikzz releasing OSv2 will you be updating this list? seems krikzz added some more mapper support :)

3. SkinnyV

SkinnyV Rapidly Rising Member

I don't see any mapper added. I think it was only about SD card compatibility.

4. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

95 mappers in new release instead of 83 in first release

5. butfluffy

butfluffy Robust Member

12 new mappers. thats awesome. when you said a few more i was expecting less than double figures. well done krikzz :)

6. SkinnyV

I wasn't aware of the new mappers. I might update the list if the changelist start listing the new mappers addition otherwise it would be an hassle to try to compare the old and new mapper chart and see which square weren't green before and which are now. As of now the changelist only say added few new mappers.

7. Evotistical

Evotistical Robust Member

Can you date your work so we can get an idea when's the last time you changed it. Otherwise its bomb!:triumphant:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  8. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

How is the N8 compatability VS the Power pak's?

9. wilykat

wilykat Site Supporter 2013

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=28507

An example from a forum linked above for NES PowerPak:
    There are beta version with slightly better support. I don't have a list of NES games tested to work with N8 yet but the above forum post should be a good guide. Eventually I believe both N8 and PowerPak will come very close in term of how many it can support.

10. MottZilla

MottZilla Guardian of the Forum

Very close. PowerPAK has partial MMC5 support. N8 does not yet. N8 may support a number of non-major mappers PowerPAK may not have available yet. But when it comes to all the major mappers, both support pretty much the same. Really they are both very similar, though I think someone said that N8 works on clones which the PowerPAK tends not to work on clones. Neither is significantly better than the other though. It's smaller details that make them different from the gamer's perspective. You'll be able to play all the same games pretty much. They are also pretty similar in overall cost too. PowerPAK has an initial price tag that is higher, but until the N8 NES pcb comes out, you need an adapter or a Famicom, plus a cartridge case. The PP includes a case, and you do no work to put it in one. They are both good products.

11. brainpann

brainpann <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Basically everything Motzilla said. The main reason I chose N8 over Powerpak were

1) N8 uses micro sd which are pretty cheap. Not that CF is expensive, but it is easier for me to get micro SD.
    2) Krikkz is really good about OS and compatibility updates. Not to mention he is a member here and it is usually pretty easy to get a direct answer from him, if needed.
    3) The Famicom N8 supports extra sound channels. I dont think the Powerpak does. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  12. SkinnyV

You can see the OS version it was written for at the bottom. I might add it to the file name to make it easier though.

13. MottZilla

MottZilla Guardian of the Forum

You are incorrect. The PowerPAK does and has supported expansion audio for a long time now, even on NES consoles. Your 1st and 2nd points are good points.

14. brainpann

brainpann <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

^^^^^^
    Oh, ok then. That's good to know. Thanks MottZilla

15. SkinnyV

Just to let you guys know that I updated the list to reflect the new mapper added with the nesos-s2m3 update and also edited certain game that are known not to work even though their respective mapper are supported.

Edit: Updated for the new os s2m4

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  16. SkinnyV

The list was updated to reflect the change brought by OS S3M5.

17. Millionaire2K

Millionaire2K Rising Member

Good job SkinnyV!!

18. metzger

metzger Member

I was looking at the compatibility list and it looks like almost every NES game (american) is able to be played on the cart. Is this true or are there a lot of games not on the list? I am also reading how games can be saved on the nes yet it says no for savestate. i'm a little confused on this. I love my megaeverdrive that i have and am looking at getting this but want to make sure I will be able to play the games I want to.
    Thanks!

19. mickcris

mickcris Site Supporter 2014,2015

There are some US games that dont work due to the mappers not being supported, but it is not that many.

The N8 can save on the games that originally had battery saves. Savestate is saving how emulators save wherever you want in any game. There are savestate mappers for the Powerpak. The compatibility list is also comparing both flash carts which is why that is listed.

20. SkinnyV