1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

Things you have coded recently thread

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by ASSEMbler, May 23, 2016.

1. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator

What have you learned or coded lately? It doesn't have to be complex, anything you've done recently.

Feel free to post your stuff!

2. MrMario2011

MrMario2011 Robust Member

A few friends and I have laughed about Stomedy, as first demonstrated in this video:

It got to the point I memorized that intro and would type it out in a Discord chat from time to time, so the other day while I had some downtime at work for no reason whatsoever I created the Batch script "Stomedy Simulator v1.0"

http://pastebin.com/r6jGjHmX

On a more serious note: got a PIC programmer a few months back to mess around more with modchips and hex files :)

Trevgauntlet likes this.
  3. Decapicitated

Decapicitated Site Supporter 2011-13 Lara Croft

[​IMG]

I reverse engineered. Tom Clancy's The Division's mesh format. My Engine can render the models including another model viewing application called Noesis.

What I learned during:
    1. The loading times and overall performance for the game isn't great. Probably due to the fact the engine uploads two sets of vertex buffers to the GPU. What happens next is, these silly calculations happen real-time when most of it could have been pre-calculated then stored per vertex.
    2. I guess I got lazy, ended up having to re-write substantial parts of the code due to different vertex format descriptions. I located some data early on, which suggested it could have defined the vertex layout. My initial gatherings were in-fact correct. I should have implemented vertex buffer binding using that info, rather than speeding ahead, wasting time writing something that wasn't correct in the first place.
    3. In the beginning, the format seemed to look very complex. I guess I got a little overwhelmed, looking at the data and it put me off.

BlackDaemon and BLUamnEsiac like this.
  4. Blaasvis

Blaasvis Active Member

A arduino sketch for programming the cdce913.
    Some software for the atmega8 which will be controlling the cdce913.
    All for a mod i have been working on for the last few months.
    So i can finally control my megadrive from the couch through the controller. Soon it will be ready to be used(hopefully this weekend somewhere)
    I want it to be able to overclock the megadrive on the fly with the cdce913.

5. BlackDaemon

BlackDaemon Member

Recently i was working on savegame editor for Prince of Persia WW/T2T :p

6. Trevgauntlet

Trevgauntlet Member

I learned that Christopher Omarzu, the guy who programmed Good Luck, Charlie Brown prototype, also programmed Pepsi Invaders. Both games are for the Atari 2600.

7. Logi26

Logi26 Site Supporter 2014

Recently I wanted to learn a little bit about the Nintendo DS, so I created a basic implementation of Space Invaders.

I also had to create an Arduino based handheld game device for uni.

Trevgauntlet likes this.
  8. the_fog

the_fog Newly Registered

Bearking likes this.