The Translation Thread

Discussion in 'Japan Forum: Living there or planning a visit.' started by Yakumo, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Yakumo

Yakumo Moderator Staff Member

If you require something translated from Japanese in to English then this is the place to post your request. Please understand that myself and other members who live in Japan have a life outside of this forum and are not in a hurry to translate stuff all of the time. This is not a translation service thread but more of a helping hand thread.

Yakumo

SILENT_Pavel likes this.
  2. retro

retro Administrator Staff Member

3. handofg0d

handofg0d Peppy Member

I have a very short (10 pages) hentai that I've wanted translated for years. It's very rare, maybe not even published other than on the web. It's obviously NSFW, so keep that in mind. I'm not even into hentai but this one was weird enough that it kept my interest in just what exactly was being said for at least 10 years now. Anyway, if anyone is interested let me know and I'll PM you a link. If not I understand. I have attempted to translate it myself but going through by hand trying to match each kanji from a list on my computer was time consuming and often turned out wrong as I can't tell the difference between a lot of them that look similar.

4. sonik

sonik <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR>

I would love to see a translation of the Nights artbook from the PS2 release (it was given out in E3 too?)

5. VMS

VMS Robust Member

Anyone wanna take a crack at this?

It's an old metal sign:
    [​IMG]
    Found it in an antique shop years ago for pretty cheap. I'm a typography nut; the large, sharply ground metal kana fastened to the metal backing are pretty cool. If this thing fell on your head it would kill you, or at least take off your scalp with the characters.

Never really tried to research its origins yet; it feels like it could be from the 30s, maybe the 50s at the latest? No idea. My Japanese friends didn't know most of the kanji. Cheers to anyone who can help.

Some closeups of its construction:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I thought these were rivets at first, but they're tiny metal screws fastening the characters.

6. alecjahn

alecjahn Site Soldier

VMS, that looks like it took an extraordinary ammount of effort to create, unless it was somehow mass produced in a way that I can't think of. What a neat find, I hope someone can trans that shit, I'm curious!

7. Tatsujin

Tatsujin Officer at Arms

日本万国博覧会 [にほんばんこくはくらんかい] japan world exhibition
    地域冷房 [ちいきれいぼう] central air-conditioning / district cooling
    北プラント [きたプラント] north plant

i doubt it's mass production, but it's made of a modular letter (kanji) system.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  8. VMS

VMS Robust Member

Thanks, Tatsujin. That's really funny! I dug up some info.

If it's in fact from one of the official "world exhibhitions" (EXPOs), I think it could only be from the 1970 "Japan World Exhibition" - not as old as I thought. The only others in Japan were 1985 & 2005.

http://www.expo70.or.jp/e/

9. wombat

wombat Site Supporter 2011,2013,2014,2015

Today I bought an Anasin 2 Turbo wireless controller, unfortuatly I don't get the controller and receiver synced.

Can someone help me with translating the sync instructions? Thanks allot in advance.

http://segaonline.nl/img/dump/anasin2turbo.jpg

10. Knuckles500

Knuckles500 Rapidly Rising Member

I need help.

I'm trying to translate this so I can into some archives, but it doesn't make any sense when I read it:

毎度おなじみパスワードかけちゃってます
    ポケウォのつうしんの横にある項目は何?

It has something to do with inputting the right password, and the second line has something to do with the actual question. Yes, it has something to do with Pokemon. I think the "ポケヲ" in the second line has something to do with the PokeWalker (from HG/SS) and つうしん means "communication (between two objects)" I think. But it makes no sense when I try to read it. Is it something like "What's being sent by the PokeWalker" or "What is the PokeWalker sending [something] to"?

Also, if any of you know the answer to the question, please feel free to tell me. I have no idea what it could be.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  11. Yakumo

Yakumo Moderator Staff Member

I doubt anyone will translate all of that. Far too much work :nod:

12. Very true Yakumo. Then if someone can traslate the story and some things that are easy or not long.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2009
  13. Ly-Colizer

Ly-Colizer Robust Member

My "Ninjakun Majou no Bouken" arcade PCB had some japanese writings on it, one at the connector and that looked like too be the title but then there was some more writings at the corner wich i did not think looked like the name of the game... so i am wonder what it means? here is a pic:

[​IMG]

14. T_chan

T_chan Peppy Member

It's the first word of the title: "Ninjakun" : 忍者君

15. T_chan

T_chan Peppy Member

"This is password-protected"
    "What data/item/subject is situated next to the PokeWalker communication ?"

16. Tatsujin

Tatsujin Officer at Arms

i'm not familiar with this product, but i guess it could be also a pocket watch?

17. cez

cez Dust Collector

18. T_chan

T_chan Peppy Member

19. Because nobody can help me to translate the story of my game manual, I want to translate it but I have some problems with the spaces :(. How do you recognize the spaces in japan langauge because all the "letters" and "words" are close.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2009