SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

The Political thread ... rant away.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ASSEMbler, Feb 6, 2005.

1. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

Either way, Hitler posters will be made! :D

2. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

But he's not Hitler, he's an African dictator

3. BLUamnEsiac

BLUamnEsiac ɐɹnɔsqO ʇᴉq-8

Nah, the omen was the Cubs winning the World Series. This is just the sacrifice for allowing that to happen. A long four years this will be.

4. GodofHardcore

So is Canada going to build a wall to keep the obnoxious American celebrities out?

If you though this election was nuts......wait for the batshit insanity that will be Trump vs Kanye.

-=FamilyGuy=-, NexTheReal and pato like this.
  5. pato

pato Fiery Member

6. GodofHardcore

Here's my two cents on why Trump Won.

Look who the Phillipines elected their president. A complete loose cannon lunatic. That was the first sign we had that Trump could go all the way and apparently he's fixing some of their problems despite being a batshit crazy lunatic

Brexit was another sign it COULD happen.

But that's not why just the signs. People are just fed up. Fed up with lying career politicians, Fed up with lies, Fed up with Clintons, Fed up with the system, Fed up with Political correctness. Nobody else was doing anything and suddenly a guy who ate a Stone Cold Stunner at Wrestlemania 23 announces he's running for president. Breaks every rule offends EVERYBODY and people came out of the woodwork to denounce him. Thing is nobody was buying it, if they were going out of their way to try to derail him he must be on to something. Nobody said he was racist before he ran for president, Nobody made him out to be a sex freak UNTIL HE RAN. Trump was the embodiment against everything people are getting sick of. That's why he won.

NOW can he carry this to a second term? Will Kanye come in and out batshit crazy Trump? We'll find out in time. I'm willing to give Trump a chance IF all he does is get rid of Obamacare then I'd consider him a success.

M. Bison and pato like this.
  7. pato

pato Fiery Member

Trump didn't win because he was the best, he won because Hillary was the worst.

As The Federalist article states, Obama made the DNC into a left wing party and the whole progressive thing is just an frontend to censor people that doesn't agree with them, the fact that those "liberals" accused everyone who voted in the right wing (libertarian or conservative) to be racists, misogynists and et cetera only fueled the will of those people to vote on the opposition, and even made the center/center-left wing ones into voting to Trump (Supporters for GamerGate were on the center-left and were unsatisfied with the current situation).

M. Bison likes this.
  8. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2015

Our celebrity plan so far has been to send you Bieber. We might have to update it.
    The wall might only be necessary if too many Americans try to steal our free universal healthcare.

Though I really wonder who'd be the most unfit, between Kanye and Trump, for international politics. That's a hard one.

9. Syclopse

Syclopse .

Digmac likes this.
  10. doulomb

doulomb Robust Member

I'm so glad Trump won. Make America Great Again! #MAGA

In all seriousness though, I am far, far, far left and I was a YUUUGE bernie supporter. After the DNC forced him out with their dirty tactics I turned to Trump. Before you write me off as crazy heres my logic:

There are only 2 possible outcomes here:
    1) Trump runs the country into the ground like everyone is crying about. We suffer for 4 years and then in 2020 the democrats run someone who is actually electable (like bernie sanders) and the country moves forward.

2)Trump surprises everyone for a third time and actually does his job well.

I'd rather suffer through 4 years of Trump than 8 years of Hillary.

Anyone else feel the same?

-doulomb

M. Bison likes this.
  11. BLUamnEsiac

BLUamnEsiac ɐɹnɔsqO ʇᴉq-8

I really wish the 2nd outcome would occur, but seriously doubt it. At the moment I see three outcomes 1) He ruins the country 2) He gets caught in something real crazy and have a Nixon moment 3) Some crazies take action and we have another JFK moment (this election was so divisive I wouldn't doubt this happening). All three possibilities stress me out to no end.

Personally I was hoping not to suffer anymore 4 year segments of bad presidential policies. Why stop at a 16 year string when we can stretch it out to 20+?

12. pato

pato Fiery Member

Bernie was not even for the DNC standards just like Trump for GOP, but the irony ended being that Democrats weren't democrat over the primaries.

I don't think that Trump is going to crash over, his vice is known to be the opposite of him in some essential terms and the GOP probably wouldn't allow shit happening.

Althrough my main preference is Gary Johnson, i'd rather have Trump in presidency than some amateur lunatic woman that could get the world into a WW3, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

13. GodofHardcore

Bill Clinton had the chance to get Bin Laden but he was busy with "Other things"
    If he kept his pants on, 9/11 wouldn't have happened and People seriously thought HIS WIFE would be a good choice for president?
    A woman who stood by him after he had sex with a pig? WTF man WTF?

I have a cousin heavy into LGBT rights to the point she's convinced her self she's bi just to be included. She's terrified now diespite me showing her proof that as an LGBT person Hillary was not the best choice.
    The Defense of Marrage act WAS her idea. She's flip flopped on gay rights like a fight. But my cousin Boobzilla was convinced she was her champion.

But Trump straight up said he'd fight to protect gays.

Trump is an anomaly I think he's going to be a VERY good president. I think he'll tackle issues across party lines and I think the cry baby millennials won't have the balls to do anything to get him out of office before his first term is up.

M. Bison likes this.
  14. awesomeNES

awesomeNES Peppy Member

I like how you talk about your cousin lol.. she must have pissed you off big time

15. awesomeNES

awesomeNES Peppy Member

It felt good to see Hillary lose, tbh.

M. Bison likes this.
  16. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64 or your money back

I'm pretty sure that every US President since Nixon has had their time under the sun being LITERALLY HITLER. (Except for maybe Jimmy Carter)

It's a long-standing tradition and we don't even acknowledge it.

EDIT: History really does repeat itself, doesn't it?
    [​IMG]

americandad likes this.
  17. GodofHardcore

She did, and she's on my mother's side which is where my stubbornness comes from. She hasn't said anything since I sent her a video of Trump saying he'd protect gays.

It's the animal farm effect, You claim you're being oppressed, work for equality, secretly want dominance, and before you know it you've become what you hate.

I was thinking about women who could be president now, I can't think of anybody that has the class and experience to do it and the only person I could think of was Condoliza Rice.

The irony A Republican and Bush aide was the only person I could come up with.

Then again I thought Marco Rubio would be a good President then I heard him speak his nonsense.