SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

The Political thread ... rant away.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ASSEMbler, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64 or your money back

1.) The Reagan Administration wins the Cold War by bankrupting the Soviet Union with an arms race on credit.
    2.) The Bush Sr. & Clinton Administrations transition from the old one-party state model into a broken crony capitalist oligarchy by liquidating the state's massive amount of assets and employing trickle-down economics, allowing a small number of ex-Soviet elitists and officials a major advantage over the vast majority of the populace.
    3.) Putin rises to power and does a surprisingly good job of stabilizing Russia (at least, from where it was in the 90s)
    4.) The Bush Jr. Administration begins engaging them and numerous other countries in cyberwarfare in-between Middle Eastern war campaigns
    5.) The Obama Administration expands on this further...
    6.) HRC initiates the Russian Reset in her early days as Sec. of State in March of 2009
    7.) Stuxnet is publicly exposed
    8.) Putin returns, starts cracking down on civil rights
    9.) Snowden leaks
    10.) Russian Annexation of Crimea
    11.) US imposes economic sanctions and takes this disgusted, moral high ground stance against them

It just keeps getting worse. Despite any animosity that has existed between the United States and Russia, I don't want the citizens of either to be held back or suffer at the expense of covert, malevolent government operations. I can't blame the Russians for seeking vengeance. If the rumors are true and the Kremlin does have HRC's missing e-mails, it will cause an eruption like nothing else. At this point, it seems that the damages done so far have become too severe to nurse, too deep to repair without experimental surgery involved.

I would argue that this entire generation of politicians is a patchwork of collusive shills looking to climb up the power structure by trading favors. Whether or not these favors are detrimental to the country or American citizens is irrelevant. Hillary Clinton's stance that "America is already great" strikes me as her wanting to continue the current status quo of hostile paranoia and outward aggression towards weaker entities that don't want to play along. Given her track record as Sec. of State and her recent stances on Russia, she is more likely than most to escalate the hostility into WW3 and profit handsomely from it.. It would be a way to start an economic boom.

I anticipate the leaks to come.. The US Government has been plunging functioning countries into chaos and war for decades. It plots against its allies, it plots against its citizenry and then insults their intelligence by (poorly) attempting to brush it off or lie about it. Americans are sick of it. The world is sick of it.

Fortunately, these leaks and scandals have built up a certain demand for truth, justice, and solutions.

Didn't know NOVA did a feature on this. Looks interesting. I'll watch this a little later on.

2. Krayzar

Krayzar 75% Weasels by Volume

I'd actually attribute this to the path that started under Nixon. They were running on fumes already during Reagan. Reagan just finished them off.

Yep. But honestly, an oligharchy is what those in power on the Russian side WANTED to happen. All parties involved are equally guilty for all the trouble that ensued.

That's a stretch. They were economically stable after the bank crash, sure, but he benefited the already established status quo. Folks that simply weren't affected. While there is more of a middle class now, the economic disparity has only increased progressively during the course of his rule. He's still essentially a trickle-downer.

Only Iran. Supposedly.

Again, we only have info to prove Iran, though the budget numbers support a larger program under Obama.

I can blame them. Influencing elections and successions of other countries has often been seen has an act of war throughout the ages. Just because the US attacked with cyber weapons does not mean that all bets are off and all actions are fair game. People died in Crimea. And election engineering is without a doubt frowned upon in the international community. The Russian government IS behaving badly, even with respect to the US. That the US did similar should give no one a free pass.

Don't believe Putin on the WW3 quip. That's where that originated and it's BS. He said she would escalate things because he's afraid he'll actually meet some resistance under her. Trust me, there's a reason why he wants Trump. He believes he's easier to manipulate, and he's probably right, considering how well HRC seems to play him.

The US is the only county whose geopolitical maneuverings have been widely publicized of late. Don't make the mistake in thinking that the US is the only one with the problem. It's a global issue. Cyber weapons and espionage are far more insidious and dangerous than nuclear weapons right now because no one is talking about them. There are no rules. There are no regulations.

Leaks won't solve anything and will only serve to make the world even more secretive. Even more entrenched in skulduggery and back door dealings. My point on state sponsored leaks is that they are something to worry about in that they will eventually make the world a LESS transparent place.

We need to break out of this cold war mentality and talk. Take hard lines. Hold people accountable based on what they do in reality, not in e-mail. Leaks, while often beneficial, are never going to be the game changer people want them to be if we don't wake up and realize the underlying truths behind them, the why and how they happen.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  3. Eviltaco64

With all due respect, it's unwise to directly tell others what they should and should not believe in - at least if you ever want to persuade someone... Why should I "trust you"? You are a total stranger with no authority on these things and you present me with scant evidence, if anything.

Blame them, if you will. I will not - at least until a proper and serious emphasis is once again placed on justice and the truth of things in this country.

Even if you refuse to give the leaked e-mails that confirm DNC/mass-media/super PAC hyper-collusion any validity or time of day...
    Even if you believe the narrative that WikiLeaks - an otherwise reputable and respected organization with 10 years of 100% correct reporting - is now "a Kremlin shill run by an aggressive pedophile" for exposing the Democrats to be exactly everything that they accuse everyone else of being...
    Even if you write-off the videos from Project Veritas Action which show high-ups in the HRC campaign boasting about how they paid and bussed actors/activists/homeless people around to purposefully incite violence at Trump rallies...

The collusion and shilling for HRC among the 21st century bourgeois and their playthings is painfully obvious! I will not drink their kool-aid, sir. I would hope that you don't, either.

If Russia is leaking information, they are only one of many sources - domestic and international - of diverse information jointly forming a very common spine and index piece-by-piece... by vulnerable e-mail accounts, by investigative journalism, by slip-ups that involve turning off the camera too late... the DNC has been rigging elections, feeding many exactly what they need to do and say, engaging in pay-to-play schemes, paying people to incite violence, ignoring/acting like they are above the law, and using their organs to crush anyone who exposes them as a criminal, pedophile, rapist, Russian shill, or the next coming of Hitler.

They brought this on themselves... None of these leaks would have ever been made publicly available if our officials actually followed the rules (like using a secured e-mail address) and had a sense of ethics.

All that said, should I believe the words of a man long in exile for rocking the elitist's trough too much, or should I believe CNN?

When it comes to the idea of a WW3... Best-case scenario, we don't go to war with Russia. Worst-case, something regrettable does indeed go down. I imagine that we are probably not going to war with them. I can't begin to fathom how destructive it would be.

I couldn't agree more that we need to break out of the Cold War mentality. As someone who was born and raised entirely in the post-Cold War era, this recent string of back-and-forths between Russia and the United States seems like some retro throwback to ignite nostalgic tensions from before my time.

My condemnation of our leaders actions is not done for the sake of anti-American grandstanding. In fact, it's very much the opposite. I understand very well how much the US has been targeted above the rest of the world.

It would not be surprising or phasing to see collusive shilling and disgusting levels of tyranny in some 3rd world hellhole where a violent dictator wins the "democratic elections" with 140% of the vote every 15 years. It is, however, quite sickening to see deep levels of corruption and tyranny in what has long been known as the land of the free. That sort of thing cannot and absolutely should not fly here.

4. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

1 more week and this bullshit is over

BLUamnEsiac likes this.
  5. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

I dunno about all that.

If Clinton wins in the middle of an IRS investigation there will be more drama to come. Can you imagine if she gets elected and then she is actually found guilty? Then what?

If Trump wins there will be drama for 4 years.

6. BLUamnEsiac

BLUamnEsiac ɐɹnɔsqO ʇᴉq-8

Should Trump make it, there's a few legal landmines waiting for him as well. Fraud, rape and the growing number of assault accusers. Impeachment could be a reality for him. Sheesh, we all got the worst possible nominees in both parties this time around. :/

7. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2015

Murphy's law meets Peter's principle...

BLUamnEsiac likes this.
  8. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

If Trump would win you will have 4 solid years of drama. He lives off of it. Even after all you have brought up dies off he will stir up a new pot just to keep his face in the news.

9. stevo9389

stevo9389 Plays It Loud

Pretty sure there will be 4 years of drama regardless of who is elected. It is about time we had another successful assassination attempt.

NexTheReal likes this.
  10. GodofHardcore

Kanye 2020

Yeezy will make America great again.

You said it not me.
    Knock knock
    Who's there
    Secret Service.

BLUamnEsiac likes this.
  11. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2015

*It's the final countdown*

BLUamnEsiac likes this.
  12. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

So, #MAGA. Am I right, guys? :)

Eviltaco64 likes this.
  13. Prometheus

Prometheus Site supporter 2016

14. BLUamnEsiac

BLUamnEsiac ɐɹnɔsqO ʇᴉq-8

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  15. Eviltaco64

Trump wins, old media will go full 'American Idiot'. Trump will be made into Hitler in edgy art on college campuses.

Clinton wins, old media will be on cloud 9 and a possible attempt revolution/likely 2nd conservative reactionary movement might occur. Clinton will be made into Hitler on random billboards and stands outside the post office.

americandad likes this.
  16. GodofHardcore

I can't help but laugh. Deep down I wanted Trump to win, but couldn't bring myself to vote for him.

M. Bison likes this.
  17. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag Staff Member

Quite possibly those who didn't want him to win (or said so) actually did. Everyone is either just 'acting' shocked to blend in.

18. M. Bison

M. Bison I'll see you all at 3:15!

I can't really blame people for denying any Trump support, especially since his victory has already sparked riots.

I sure as fuck am gonna keep my support on the DL for a little while IRL, especially around where I live.

19. skarpo01

skarpo01 Peppy Member

Saw this couldn't stop laughing.

14937308_10154289595569055_3967198821514189766_n.jpg

-=FamilyGuy=- likes this.
  20. GodofHardcore

Hillary Clinton would do good to read the Story of Icarus this morning.
    I think it's in her Spam folder.

I knew he was going to win when news broke Monday that Janet Reno died. I said to my dad that night "It's an Omen"