1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

The Graveyard (or What game did you gut for your ED?)

Discussion in 'Everdrive General' started by goombakid, Oct 26, 2011.

1. goldenband

goldenband Spirited Member

Everdrive-MD: I had a dead (mangled by a dog) Comix Zone that I used for dremel practice, and then a dead (but clean) Pit Fighter that I used for the final product.

Super Everdrive: Bought Stone Age Gamer's cart secondhand.

2. Shulamana

Shulamana Member

I recently got a copy of Pilotwings in a lot of games I bought off eBay, and although that was the main reason I got that lot, the rear label was pretty much destroyed, something the seller did not mention.

Since I got the lot for cheap and can always get another Pilotwings pretty easily, I removed the labels with alcohol and I'm going to get a RS-MMC to fit it inside the shell without cutting a hole in it. I only update my ROM set when I buy new games, and since I have a game bit on hand it's easy enough to take apart to get at the memory card.

I might print out a label once I find one I like, but the "mystery cart" look also has some appeal to it, as if it's any game and all games at the same time.

3. RexDart

RexDart Member

:sexy2::dance::fresh: :Rock::fresh: :Rock::fresh::dance: :fresh::dance: :fresh::dance::fresh: :dance::fresh::dance::fresh: :dance: :Rock::dance::fresh::sexy2:
    [​IMG]
    :sexy2::dance::fresh: :Rock::fresh::dance: :fresh: :Rock::fresh::dance: :fresh::dance::fresh: :dance: :Rock::fresh::dance: :fresh::fresh::dance::fresh: :dance: :Rock::dance::fresh::sexy2:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  4. takeshi385

takeshi385 Mojarra Frita Bandit

Ummmmmm alrighty then ........... `Anyway I gutted dragon quest 5.

5. jocu3

jocu3 Member

I offered Turok 2 for my Everdrive 64, it was the only black cart I had. I know I shoud have used some sport game, but the endresult is nice:
    [​IMG]

6. FritoFredrik

FritoFredrik Member

I used a broken pirate coppy of wonder boy 3 for my Mega Everdrive.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also the warning label on back is in english.

7. 5432

5432 Rising Member

I used Mega Games 1-Everdrive-, 3D Golf Simulation-Super Everdrive-.
    The Everdrive 64 cart buyed with case.

8. kingbuzzo

kingbuzzo Member

[​IMG]: Sonic 2 (yeah I know)
    [​IMG]: Columns

9. 8bitplus

8bitplus Peppy Member

Megadrive - Sonic
    SNES - Fifa
    N64 - Shadow of the Empire

All were in good condition as well, but ones I had double (at least) of.

10. Harp00nX

Harp00nX Active Member

World Cup USA 94 got the chop for my MED, bought a snes shell off Krikzz and some shitty Michael Owen WLS game for the ED64.

11. kaput

kaput Rapidly Rising Member

Got myself a Waverace 64 cart for next to nothing to put on the altar. Guess I'll get a bit of a bad conscience, it's not a completely crappy game after all :>

12. Shigure

Shigure Member

[​IMG] Joe Montana's NFL Sports Talk Football.
    Now I have the cheesy theme song stuck in my head. Joe!

[​IMG] Some Madden NFL Game I don't remember which.
    For the DSP1 Ballz 3D.

13. rivlez

rivlez Newly Registered

[​IMG] Ren & Stimpy

[​IMG] Ballz 3D (Also took the DSP1 and other chips from it)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  14. pablomaldito

pablomaldito Active Member

I am making preparations for my Super Everdrive. According to the tracking info, it has reached American Soil.

For the DSP1, Pilotwings had to take the fall. Sorry guys, I had 2 copies of it, and I had no copies of Ballz 3D :p.

I have a Super Famicom though, so I can't just use the Pilotwings case. I'm thinking about gutting a bootleg Dragon Ball Z game I got back in 1994. I'm not willing to destroy any of my real Super Famicom games because they're all good RPGs. Maybe I should just grab the cheapest sports game I can find on ebay >.>.

15. pablomaldito

Woohoo, looks like I'm quite lucky today. The Super Everdrive only took 9 days to go from Ukraine to my house in Texas. I immediately installed the DSP-1 and modified my bootleg Dragonball Z cartridge for the Super Everdrive. The bootleg cartridge proved to be a little problematic due to space constraints which do not occur with genuine cartridges.
    (Please note, the Dragon Ball Z case is the bootleg, not my Super Everdrive. I got the Super Everdrive straight from retrogate :p )

Blatant bootleg. They didn't even put the label on straight lol. Note that there are no gamebit screws. The cartridge just snaps together with plastic clips.
    [​IMG]

Rear of a bootleg cart. Note the English caution label molded into the plastic instead of Japanese on a sticker. Also, the grooves for US SNES are already molded into the plastic. (My US SNES is long dead though. I only have a Super Famicom now)
    [​IMG]

Inside view, showing the filed down corner of eject lock slot to make room for the 74HCU04. This is not a problem with the Super Everdrive's design. A real SNES/Super Famicom cartridge case does not have this issue.
    [​IMG]

I think it turned out pretty well, but now that it is complete, I would really like to use a genuine SFC cartridge case just for the higher quality feel. I have just purchased an NBA game off ebay for less than $5 and am looking forward to sacrificing it to the Super Everdrive >:D

EDIT: Does anyone have a Super Famicom style label design that I can use? All I can find are US and PAL style designs.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  16. Shulamana

Shulamana Member

Curious, that is the same warning message that is molded into the back of the International cases from Stone Age Gamer, I guess we know where they got that shell design from. ;-)

17. pablomaldito

These Chinese shells are probably the best choice for a universal cartridge, since they give the most professional looking result. A Super Famicom or PAL cartridge with grooves cut into it would look a little too homemade :p . I still want to go to a genuine Super Famicom cart shell though, since I have no need for the grooves.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  18. MaZa

MaZa Newly Registered

For my Super Everdrive I gutted Mickey Mouse's Magical Kingdom (or such), German Translation which I got for 1€. Perfect cartridge for slaugther cuz I dont speak a word of German and I doubt anyone will miss the game. :D

Spared to PCB though, in case of someone in future wants to restore it for some unknown reasons...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  19. paradoxsm

paradoxsm Newly Registered

EDMD - Sonic II, ultra common and I have 5+ copies. I used an RS-MMC for this so I carved no holes, ED is an old 2.2 ver with no SMS Pause tactile.
    EDMS - Super Tennis. I used an RS-MMC for this so I carved no holes, just took off the label. I also have at least 3 copies of this.
    ED64 - I chopped up some cart with "soccer 97" written in marker-pen. I also stole it's CIC.
    EDSNES - WIP, I ordered it with the shell so it's currently stock. I'll strip Pilotwings or Mario Kart in order to get a DSP.

Planned:
    EDMD - Kawasaki superbike, Silver cart
    EDMS - Sonic Chaos, Silver cart
    ED64 - Turok II, black cart
    EDSNES - Yet undetermined.

20. dragonstrap

dragonstrap Spirited Member

edit: "Final Stretch" for SNES does not include the 74h.. whatever it's called chip.