SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

GUIDE Suppliers of electronic parts

Discussion in 'Repair, Restoration, Conservation and Preservation' started by retro, Jan 17, 2011.

1. RetroSwim

RetroSwim <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Donberg in Ireland is a good source for replacement CRT flybacks, and probably other stuff too.

The flyback and HOT in my Commodore 1084S died. The flyback is a HR Diemen model HR7506, and the HOT was a BU508A. I was able to source the transistor locally in a few days, but I waited over a month for HR themselves to reply to my emails, and they never did. Donberg had the part supplied to me in a week, in Australia. Three thumbs up.

http://www.donberg.ie/

2. retro

retro Administrator Staff Member

I use Donberg, but I've left them off the list because they're more geared towards televisions, VCRs and the like. They wouldn't have much of great moment to the casual gamer wanting to repair or mod their console, and indeed I don't endorsse anyone replacing a LOPT if they don't know what they're doing - they could die!

That said, they do sell (quite expensive) parts for PlayStation, Xbox, Wii etc... so I'll certainly consider it ;)

3. retro

A quick update.

It's been a year and there have been a few minor changes - mostly URLs. I've also removed Vision Aids - RIP.

I changed the URL for Sure Electronics in China, but they don't seem to do components any more (from a quick glance) although they do tools.

Added:
    Chip 1 Stop (Japan)
    Lextronic (France)

We're still sorely lacking suppliers from certain countries - Japan is a bit thin on the ground, France, Spain, Italy, Russia, anywhere in South America or India. If you know of a supplier who sell online via a website, preferably to the public, leave details in a reply! Thanks!

4. rso

rso Contains Quiltineum

Unless I need very specific parts - which when repairing consoles generally isn't the case - I usually go directly to eBay these days. There, most of the time I seem to end up buying from "tayda2009", at least for passives.

Recently I've been looking a lot at AliExpress too. A lot of the time it's cheaper and occasionally I even found parts that weren't available on eBay.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  5. retro

AliExpress aren't too bad, but eBay is usually still more expensive than proper suppliers. That's because the sellers buy wholesale and sell for a profit. You're far better off getting together a reasonable sized order and going to one of the big companies for anything that's still stocked... but old parts, you have to dig around and pay a premium.

Uhh, I just looked - tada2009 has never sold anything!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  6. sumone

sumone Spirited Member

please add http://www.segor.de/ for Germany. very recommended store with lots of old parts stock. also worth a visit if you are in Berlin and need some parts. :)