Super Ufo Pro8 Superdrive Everdrive Flash Cart & Development 4 Nintendo Snes

Discussion in 'Everdrive General' started by Jackhammer, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackhammer

Jackhammer Robust Member

2. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

it is not everdrive. it is just chinese junk. someone tried few times to promote super ufor in super ed thread, now they just call this super everdrive...
    funny description by the way: Game Cart Special Chip Support: BSX, C4, DSP, SA1, SPC7110, Super FX. i pretty sure that it is lie, may be dsp in best case, if dsp cart was connected on top

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  3. Froggydarren

Froggydarren Rapidly Rising Member

This does not run any games that have any special chips in the carts like star fox and mario kart ect and it wont run them via a DSP1 game popped in the top as all thats for is dumping roms and backing up saves ect....

4. jpg

jpg Newly Registered

Seems rather scummy to say the least- especially as the seller is on the official distributor list (at least for the Everdrive, Master Everdrive, Everdrive GG, ED64 & Mega ED, but I see warnersretrocorner.com has been removed from the Super Everdrive list)

I must admit I never liked the look of their site or eBay page, which was why I ordered my stuff from retrogate even though I live in the UK.

Edit: I see there's a new listing on there that dropped the Everdrive from the title and has the disclaimer "tHIS IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED TO EVERDRIVE", I guess that's a bit better.

So it says you need a game with the special chip the rom requires plugged into the top of the Super UFO for the Super FX/DSP/SA1 to work? Hmmm

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  5. StoneAgeGamer

StoneAgeGamer Intrepid Member

I agree its one thing to sell a competing product which he has the right to do, but its another thing to use the other competing product's name to promote this new product.

6. Mystical

Mystical Fiery Member

agreed its a pretty sly tactic

7. kaput

kaput Rapidly Rising Member

Sure, I don't have that kind of knowledge of the SNES internals, but I highly doubt that you can get the access to the special chips you need to do this over the cart connector. Logically, the only way this could work would be if the special chips and its peripherals basically were completely separate from the rest of the cart's internals, and all relevant communication with other parts of the system was done via the cart connector. It would really surprise me if the special chip carts were built up this way. If there is any internal communication between the special chip and the rest of the cart, I just can't see how it could be possible for this to work.

It's my guess aswell that this claim is complete BS.

8. StoneAgeGamer

I have seen some people who have bought this and it is indeed BS. It does not work. What it means is that you can play a Super FX game through the connector, but you can't use a Super FX as a donor for the chip. It seems to be worded in a way to make you think that you can use as donor.

9. DarkRyoga

DarkRyoga Member

All the features about this cart special chip support are a great FAKE!!!!!.

If anyone wants to play a game that uses BSX, C4, DSP, SA1, SPC7110, Super FX special chips it is necessary to plug a licensed game cart with this chip on the top of the Super UFO Pro 8 to play the game. But the real problem is that if you plug on the top a SuperFX cart like StarFOX and load Stunt Race FX in Super UFO 8, the game plugged doesnt do the Bypass function. Super UFO Pro 8 only runs the same ROM game that is plugged phisically on the top of the cart. In other words, if you want to play StarFox with the Super UFO Pro 8, you need to plug the original StarFox Cart on the top of the super ufo 8 cart.... this is ridiculous!!!!.

10. MottZilla

MottZilla Guardian of the Forum

Anyone that knows about how the electronics involved work could tell you that is is impossible to play Super FX or other ROMs by plugging a cartridge with the chipi nto the top of some copier or flash cart.

The whole reason people think this is possible is because DSP just so happens to function in a way that DOES make this possible. But it is the only chip like that.

11. kaput

kaput Rapidly Rising Member

So, basically, the top connector's only function is just to act as a passthrough, saving you a swap if you want to plug in a genuine cart. Wow, great feature, really a deal sealer :D

Or can it perhaps be used for something useful too, like rom dumping, or something like that?

12. StoneAgeGamer

Think top can be used to dump ROM or you can use the device as cheat device for game plugged into top like Game Genie.

13. Azathoth

Azathoth Spirited Member

Backup your cartridge SRAM, load SRAM to real cartridge, dump cartridge ROM, RAM/ROM cheat code support, real-time saves (that you can backup), a few other features.

14. Trenton_net

Trenton_net AKA SUPERCOM32

This device is simply a hardware clone of a Super UFO 8 pro. The only diffrence is that it has been updated for SD card support (over floppy) and has BIOS updates via the cartridge port. That's it. Any extra features it claims are false, which is likely due to poor translation from Chinese to English.

15. Greg2600

Greg2600 Dauntless Member

Other than a nice GUI, it's got nothing on the Super Everdrive

16. StoneAgeGamer

I heard that it only allows 8 character long file names as well.

17. Trenton_net

Trenton_net AKA SUPERCOM32

Yep. The original UFO didn't support long file names ether. It was probably due to the fact that during the SNES era, it wasn't common.

18. staylor

staylor Rapidly Rising Member

Yes i traded my friend a couple games for it to hold me over till i get the sd2snes.
    And its a joke!! Sure it plays the roms alright but that 8 character file name is annoying as hell i almost hate playing it.
    Anyone who reads this just pass it up and spend a few more bucks on either the snes powerpak or the super everdrive.
    ufo sucks

(and it stinks literaly)

Scott

19. elmagicochrisg

elmagicochrisg Active Member

I do like the cartridge transfer and real-time saving though.

This would be neat in combination with a PowerPak.

Right?...

20. elmagicochrisg

elmagicochrisg Active Member

Nevermind. Some more research shows it doesn't do half the things it claims to do. So with real-time saving and chip support not working there is really no reason to go for this cartridge...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.