1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

saving sram issue

Discussion in 'Everdrive Master System - Master Everdrive' started by masterofsonic, Apr 28, 2012.

1. masterofsonic

masterofsonic Newly Registered

I'm trying to save my game for phantasy star. When I go to the save function i'm not exactly sure what's to be done. I highlighted the rom and even a .srm file from my computer to write over but nothing changes, nothing is written. it just says "copy..." and then "cb" and goes back to the menu. What am i missing? thanks.

2. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

looks like you destroys your rom , now your rom is not rom anymore, it is sram data dump. save function in sms cart load or write data to/from highlighted file

3. masterofsonic

masterofsonic Newly Registered

it fooled me! i thought nothing was being written at all. when i look at the rom and .srm file on the pc the file size and last date modified are unchanged. now i loaded the rom to an emulator and its corrupted. i loaded the .srm to the emulator with a good rom and it plays my saved game. cool! sorry to bug you. thanks for your time and effort on these devices Krikzz!