1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

[REQUEST] visual park for dreamcast

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by _shameless_, Feb 16, 2017.

1. _shameless_

_shameless_ Active Member

been trying to find an iso of visual park for dreamcast and came up with nothing. can somebody point me in the right direction of where i can download it or if somebody has a dump of it?

2. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

What is it?

3. _shameless_

[​IMG]

its a game for the dreamcast which is used in tandem with the dreameye camera

americandad likes this.
  4. MonkeyBoyJoey

MonkeyBoyJoey 70's Robot Anime Geppy-X (PS1) Fanatic

5. citrus3000psi

citrus3000psi Housekeeping, you want towel?

PM sent

_shameless_ likes this.
  6. Maddog

Maddog Member

Excuse the (possible) ignorance, as I have only recently created an account here and I am unaware of the entire history of this lovely forum. This post is not meant to defy any rules, just to discuss a possible shortcoming of the current rules, as seen by a new member.

I have read the rules you mention in your link when I registered. After your post, I went through them again, as I couldn't remember any such rule. IMHO, it's not particularly clear that retail games long out of official circulation are not allowed. The closest that I can come up with in all the threads in the Rules and Guidelines section, is these two quotes:
    If there is any more specific wording, I was not able to find it in your link. Please feel free to point it out, I am human and may have missed something. Or it may be an unwritten rule that everyone in the forum apart from newbies knows.

For me, reading these guidelines is not making it clear that you are not allowed to talk/request about old retail stuff that is not available for sale anymore. In fact, especially with the first quote, it feels like it actually allows it. Even in the marketplace rules, I can see that REPRODUCTION carts are allowed, as long as they are clearly marked as reproduction. Is this not selling a copy of the old retail game code? Maybe more clear wording should be used. Otherwise, violations may occur because of the vagueness I describe above.

Glad for any feedback from you or the admins. :)

7. iiAlexLiveii

iiAlexLiveii Active Member

It's not exactly a game, more like an app to send photos and videos taken from the DreamEye webcam through email. I have the whole kit and it's interesting watching the Dreamcast work with a camera, a very low quality one even when it was released, so far I have found a way to save videos on the VMU but I haven't seen anything that looks like a game inside that disk. I'm not sure but I think it used some specific email server for the online functions, if that's the case it's almost as useless as the Karaoke disk.

Another thing is the way you're asking for an "ISO", there aren't any images with that format for the Dreamcast but depending on where or who you ask, you should say you're looking for the cdi or gdi image, the first is burnable on disk and the second is used for emulators and GD-Rom drive replacements that read from SD cards, USB sticks or hard drives.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  8. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

9. _shameless_

yea i know, that was my bad i was in class and typed it pretty quick. i own the entire set as well, its a pretty neat piece of software, i wanted to try and boot it from my sd card. which is why i was trying to find a dump of the game

10. Anthony817

Anthony817 Intrepid Member

I thought the usual places had it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017 at 4:39 AM
  11. iiAlexLiveii

Not really, since the software is pretty much useless without the camera, almost nobody has taken the chance to image the disk, even less to make a selfboot version. By logic if you have the camera you should also have the original disk included in the kit unless something unfortunate happened to it, and my guess is that the disk wasn't even sold separately.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017 at 10:51 AM
  12. citrus3000psi

citrus3000psi Housekeeping, you want towel?

Its part of the Tosec set. So its out there

13. _shameless_

i own the complete set(it's actually pretty cool, but the camera drains AAA's as fast as an atari lynx), i wanted to try and get it to boot off an sd card with dreamshell. i'd dump my own disc but i lack the means. if i can get a selfboot working ill upload it for preservation's sake, but i don't really know what im doing. i'll try to learn though, i've got a few other games i want to get self booted as well.

14. iiAlexLiveii

So, you want to boot VisualPark from an SD card using Dreamshell, I'm assuming you have an SD card reader. And you also mention that you have the TOSEC set. Does Dreamshell can't boot the GDI from TOSEC?

So, do you have the original disk? If so, Dreamshell can make an image into the SD Card, or use the SD Ripper from jjl0dm. Both options are good when a broadband adapter is not at hand. They'll make a GDI image but the selfboot has to be made manually in Windows.

_shameless_ and Maddog like this.
  15. Maddog

Maddog Member

Correct, SD Ripper will create a GDI dump without any problems at all. This has been done many times in the past and it's 100% certain that dumps done this way are identical to those produced by the BBA/httpd-ack method.

If you are not familiar with dumping and worried you might get it wrong, you can check the dump of your disc against TOSEC checksums. If it matches, you can be sure you got a good dump. The verified dump information can be seen here: dcemulation.org/dumpcast/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1644

16. _shameless_

oh! i didn't know you could do that in dreamshell! ill give it a try thanks!

what software should i use to make it selfbootable to be able to be burned to a disc? it'd be nice to have a backup in case something happens to my disc because i actually do use it quite a bit

17. iiAlexLiveii

I think there's something called Selfboot kit or something, can't remember the exact name, it's been many years since I touched the selfboot matter but one thing I remember is that you will need to have all the game files from the data track of the GDI into a folder and there might be complications with games/apps that use WinCE or multi audio tracks. But I think VisualPark is pretty simple in instructure, there shouldn't be any problems at all. Try searching for that kit, I think the people who made it left as fewer steps as possible.