SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

Rarest thing you own thread

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by ASSEMbler, Apr 24, 2007.

1. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator

Post the rarest thing you own, plase try to include a picture and/or brief story.
    It can also be the thing you are most proud of, or like the most.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  2. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka Staff Member

shouldn't you start ;) i'm curious wich is the rarest thing you own :D

3. Alien Workshop

Alien Workshop Site Soldier

4. Mark30001

Mark30001 Guest

This is the rarest video gaming item I own, but not my rarest possession. ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Sega Dreamcast CHECK-GD: Loop Checker Version 1.00. This disc was used to check various parts of the Sega Dreamcast to see if the hardware was functioning properly. This disc was never released to developers, as it was an internal of Sega of Japan.

http://segakatana.com/hardware.php?cat=dcdev&id=dclp100

5. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

It's either my brand new in box reimported SMS 3d glasses (a sticker on the box indicates it was once exported to a Spanish speaking country) or my DC System Disk 2. The glasses cost me about $15 less than the SD2.

As for rarest item I own, probably one of my WWII era nazi coins my grandfather found while looking for mines with a metal detector just after WWII ended and we had full occupation of our portion of Germany.

Anyone ever get a mint SMS 3d Glasses box let me know, this one is fugly and I'd like to have a nice set.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  6. marshallh

marshallh N64 Coder

Doctor V64 256mbit

[​IMG]

It's really the only rare thing I have because I'm a student and don't have much money for anything else. I really use it alot though for n64 dev purposes. As far as I know I'm the only guy doing any n64 coding. sigh....

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  7. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

My collection sucks. Probably the rarest thing I have is my PC Engine CDROM2 unit, which would be a lot cooler if it actually worked correctly. I have a bunch of imported consoles that are somewhat rare in America, but quite they're common in Japan.

8. Cheese007

Cheese007 Peppy Member

My mint boxed 64 DD.

9. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

Provable rarest? Stars DC probably.
    Questionable: Atomic Runner Chelnov beta for Sega Saturn (CDR copy, of course).

10. Jamtex

Jamtex Adult Orientated Mahjong Connoisseur

Not overly rare but I do have a NEC Laseractive with the NEC marked PC Engine module.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  11. Pikkon

Pikkon "Moving in Stereo"

Well I would say my 360 Stress Test Dev Kit is pretty rare,and Im proud of it.Its a great piece of kit I would say and never had any HW problems with it.Stress Test is the one on the right,and the other is my retail 360.
    [​IMG]

12. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka Staff Member

My sega saturn 3rd party Boot disc i guess... not much at all :p

13. Festerfly

Festerfly Resolute Member

erm i dont actually have it anymore but i had a boxed NES Pack which included the R.O.B. System...

oh and a nice growing collection of SMS Card games..

Nothing too rare really... im saving that for my PSX collection!

14. Nimrodil

Nimrodil Guest

Don´t know if I am proud of it (had money in the right moment so there was not much of a challange:), but I am very happy with my prize edition of Bangai-O. Was price in a japanese competition once, and only five exists so it is quite rare and the "crown" of my Treasure collection:). It also have a (little...) symbolic value since I bought it for my first salary on a magazine I write some texts for (I had to add some more cash...) so I guess that will at least contribute with a little extra memory.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  15. diddydonn

diddydonn Familiar Face

game wise possibly the rarest things i own are a copy of panzer dragoon saga for the saturn, and suikoden 1 for the playstation and also loads of promo games for ps2 and dreamcast i was given by a friend who used to work for a local newspaper, hardware wise, have bought and sold many rare items, inc playstation, dreamcast dev units etc but the best i have at the mo is an commodore amiga cdtv

non gaming, and slightly off topic (but just to boast) i have a mint in box, 1977 kenner millenium falcon starwars toy!

16. Cheese007

Cheese007 Peppy Member

17. Yakumo

Yakumo Moderator Staff Member

Hmm, I once owned a mint Sega branded Wondermega but had to sell that due to bills :( Probably my most rare item game wise now would be the Hitachi Karaoke unit for the Hi-Saturn. My most rare item though is (don't laugh) the very first Pet Shop Boys 7" single, Opportunities. many people think that West End Girls was the first release with Opportunities being the second when in fact West End Girls was the first hit they had (Reaching number 1 in Europe and UK) A remixed version of Opportunities released after that (3rd release). The original Opportunities single and better version I might add didn't even chart.

Anyway, enough of my drabbling on abut the single and one with some Karaoke Unit pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yakumo

Rotmostraedet likes this.
  18. PhreQuencYViii

PhreQuencYViii Champion of the Forum

Either the Suikodens, US Burning Rangers, JVC Xeye, or prototype Xbox controller....not much, but I'm more of a player then collector, so if something doesn't have any use I usually don't go after it. I bet I have some game around here that's got some value to it.

19. Jamtex

Jamtex Adult Orientated Mahjong Connoisseur

You probably don't want to know what I paid for it and even where I found it. ^_^;

I have a mintish boxed Victor Wondermega (and I have an Unboxed Sega Wondermega too) and a Minty mint Master System too (the Japanese one).

20. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Well, probably my factory sealed PAL Samba de Amigo. The Box and the controllers are still mint, but unfortunately not new (opened + used once or twice). The actual PAL game is still sealed though.

Bomber Hehhe (dc) is semi-rare as well, I needed more than a year to find it (I've always been checking ebay / forums in that year as well). Then Play-Asia came and brought lots of mint copies... well since then, its not THAT rare anymore or at least, not many want to pay more than 30eur for it...

Well and at last, theres my 100% mint PCE Duo. Ok, this really is NOT rare - but its my most expensive (retro) console so far... 170eur were a lot for me who still goes to school. But it was worth it - complete with any flyer, bag, controller carton box and so on... :)