1. There is a critical windows exploit using embedded web site fonts. Just visiting a site can compromise your PC. Update your windows as soon as possible! https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/MS15-078

QDemo2: Technomancer

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by blueshogun96, Jul 27, 2011.

1. blueshogun96

blueshogun96 Robust Member

http://qdn.qubesoft.com/qsdk-doc/doc/qdemo2/synopsis.html

Not sure how many of you know/knew about this already, but I decided to link to it anyway.

Man, oh man. This brings back so much nostalgia, for me at least, mostly because I miss the Xbox1 days (better games). This 3rd person shooter is a playable demo using the Qube engine from 2003. While it's not exactly the most interesting demo, it did have a very interesting visual appeal and ambient audio effects which made me feel as if I was playing a real commercial game. Despite the really basic storyline, it felt immersed with the environment and audio alone. Kinda reminds me of Halo1 and the underground environments it had but with an Oni-like hero. I wish there were more games like this today, and I think it would have made a pretty good game given a bit more content and a full story.

The demo is still downloadable from the download section, but the source code link appears to be dead. Would like to put together a cool demo like this for Xbox sometime...

Shogun.

2. RichardX

RichardX Peppy Member

where?
    :shrug:

3. blueshogun96

4. lucas93

lucas93 Spirited Member

Just saw the Mandrake linux SDK download, man that brings back memories!
    (For anyone who doesn't know, Mandrake was renamed Mandriva a long time ago :p)

5. RichardX

RichardX Peppy Member

6. Master13

Master13 Spirited Member

Thank you never seen this before I going to check it out

7. gelberhase

gelberhase Gutsy Member

thanks for the Links, never sen this before as well, cant wait to get home in a few weeks and try this and Project Velocity :)

8. CrAzY

CrAzY SNES4LIFE

First thing I thought when I loaded it up. Seems like a decent tech demo, but I get constant crashes.

The flare seems like a cool game play element, but nothing else jumps out at me.

9. gelberhase

gelberhase Gutsy Member

and again, there hope that it runs without crashes on the 1.4g/128mb RAm Xbox, this baby really serves its purpose (it really helps when you play pre-release software that doesnt run too well on a normal Unit, I can only recommend getting one, if you dont mind the price)

10. blueshogun96

It wasn't really the gameplay that I was interested in, it was the technology among other things.

Crashes? What type of Xbox are you using? I'm using a green debug Xbox and it works fine for me.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  11. DiGi

DiGi Robust Member

Can anybody possibly make a video? I don't have access to my debug or my modded at the moment.

- DiGi

12. CrAzY

CrAzY SNES4LIFE

I was never interested in the gameplay either, I was talking about the technology behind the flare, dynamic lighting.

& I am using the same, for some reason it crashes when cycling through the camera views.

13. blueshogun96

I'll try and see if I can make a youtube video sometime. I don't know if the Xbox video capture tool is capable of recording audio though; I don't have a TV tuner card...

14. DiGi

DiGi Robust Member

It cannot capture audio iirc but that's fine I just want to see this thing in action! :D

15. Master13

Master13 Spirited Member

It crashes for me too when you cycle through the cameras while not the most fun demo it would of been nice to see it develop further
    Also modded retail unit

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  16. blueshogun96

I know this is a bit old, but I kept forgetting to upload the video of this game/demo. The vid is a complete walkthrough of the demo, but with no sound since I have TV tuner; I used the XDK's video capture tool to record the video at 480p, but scaled down 1/4 the original size to save space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsLoEMMUD8g