PSX DTL-H2000 HELP!! :-(

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by Viper, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Viper

Viper Active Member

Hi, does anybody know how to properly setup the DTL-H2000 boards inside the 16bit ISA Slots? I have all the instructions on how to do it but Windows 95 doesn't see the boards at all in order to INSTALL the drivers just like you would any other ISA or PCI card. Windows should see the boards. My guess that the boards are dead I have no idea. Also does anybody have the DOCUMENTS that setups the DIP SWITCHES in RED on the DTL-H2000 boards? It's suppost to assign the DMA & IRA on the board itself. There are also JUMPERS to setup the boards themselfs. Any help would be great!

Thanks

Viper

2. Cyberghost

Cyberghost Peppy Member

Do they send a signal to the tv? if its connected to a tv, and you see colorful vertical strips on the screen, the cards arent dead. also, the isa cards will not show up in windows device manager. If you have the sdk, you should just be able to run a sample program through command prompt, or try switching the signal from ntsc to pal just to see if you can get the software to communicate with the hardware.

3. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator

It's going to come down to dma and irq, also non-plug and play hardware.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  4. H360

H360 Familiar Face

If you think they are faulty, I will buy them off of you. lol.

But uh, the drivers are in the PSY-Q SDK.

Just make sure you seated the cards in the ISA slot correctly. Dont put pressure on them if they do not go in straight.

5. tails92

tails92 Spirited Member

try changing isa slot and playing in your BIOS, ISA (and PCI as well on older computers with retarded BIOSes) can be a real nuisance.

6. Viper

Viper Active Member

PSX DTL-H2000 Card Help

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. How do I connect the cards up to the TV? Right now my PC that the cards are in my TV-Monitor is working correctly because I can see Windows 95 on the desktop. I do have the SDK for SN SYSTEMS & SONY. I tried a sample program last night but the boards just say can't connect to target. I know the boards drivers aren't loaded. ISA cards are always a pain ever since I started building computers in the very early 90's they are a real bitch to get up and running unlike PCI & AGP ect. I'm sure you know how that goes!! Yikes this is tuff! :-( If someone can please reply and walk me through this it would be a very big help!

Thanks

Viper

7. Viper

Viper Active Member

PSX DTL-H2000 Card Help

Hi, On my DTL-H2000 Cards I found a plug where I can plugin my monitor to it but nothing comes up on the screen. And I think I know the reason why. Do I need the Special Video Cable? One end of the cable is VGA 15pin & the other is RED, WHITE, YELLOW, composite? I would say YES for that answer. If so anybody have the cable that I can buy off of them? Please reply if you have a spare cable I can buy.

Thanks

Viper

8. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator

We have the pinout on the sony section, it is incredibly easy to make, you can even get away with paperclip in the hole wrapped around the nub on an rca wire.

9. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Industry Standard Architecture is the greatest!

10. Cyberghost

Cyberghost Peppy Member

Yeah I didnt forget. Im just having trouble getting a hold of a camera. Ill post pictures as soon as possible though.

11. Cyberghost

Cyberghost Peppy Member

Ok here are pictures of the cable I made. Its a very sorry cable I threw together just to use to know if my cards worked or not, so it does get the job done. I plan on building a better cable that converts the dev boards a/v out to a real playstation a/v out once I can find a port.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the output I get from the above cable connected to my dtl-h2500. The dtl-h2000 should show something like the image below as soon as the computer powers up.
    [​IMG]

Also, if you have the sdk installed, but you can not load a program to the board, you might have to run the bios first. With the psyq sdk, which is based on ms dos command lines, I had to run "dexbios" every time I started the software, otherwise it would not recognize the dtl-h2500 I was using. the sn-systems sdk is better, imo, because it has a GUI but idk if it will work with the dtl-h2000 because of the bios it uses.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  12. Cyberghost

Cyberghost Peppy Member

Ok in the PM you ask what the extra wire was. There is no extra wire, think of it more like a cable within a cable. Threres the inner cable which transfers the signal and the outer cable which is just ground. what you want to accomplish is connecting the inner cable to the correct pin which is pin 7, and the outer cable to pin 8. The inner cable is the "nub" assembler was talking about.

13. Viper

Viper Active Member

soldering to the correct connection

Ok so what I made got from reading - looking at the pinout was 7&8 get connected to the correct pins. Then on to Pin9 White Audio R - Pin 10 AU-GND correct? After that Pin 12 - Left Audio solder GND wire from that cable back to Pin 10 cause that is the only GND connection. If that isn't correct at all please tell me the pins you soldered each color wire to.

Thanks

Viper

14. Cyberghost

Cyberghost Peppy Member

Seems to be right. Just dont swap the main signal cables with ground, like for video, main signal goes to pin 7 and the grounded video goes to pin 8. Nothing bad wil happen if you get something mixed up, you just wont get the right signals. Simply correct the problem, nothing will blow up (unless you REALLY do some bad soldering :flamethrower:)

15. Viper

Viper Active Member

Quick question for anybody that know about the DIP SWITCHES - RED SMALL SWITCHES on the front of the DTL-H2000 Board. Does anybody know what the pattern is to setup the SMALL RED DIP SWITCHES on the front of the DTL-H2000 board? Also what about the JUMPERS as well? Does anybody have the paper work in Japanese or English that can share them?

Please reply

Thanks

Viper

16. Cyberghost

Cyberghost Peppy Member

hmmm good question... I have no idea... I didnt do any adjusting with my dtl-h2000 when I tested them and I got a signal on the tv from all. All the switches on all 3 of my boards are the same, so I guess mine were left as default. The whole reason I went to the dtl-h2500 is because its PCI, I know nothing about ISA.:banghead:

17. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Well I got my DTL-H2000 plugged in now.

I am having the exact same issues as Viper at the moment also.
    I yet have to build the cable and test for video out. I will do this now.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  18. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Okay, I built the cable.

I have to say Cyberghost those are the most disgraceful pictures you uploaded. lol.

I put the sync and ground into the VGA port on the DTL-H2000, and I did not get an image. No coloured bars :(
    So I have no idea what is going on.

I had to rebuild the damn cable from Cyberghosts images because I cant find the sticky with the pinout guide...
    ... I hope I got the SYNC (yellow) soldered on the correct pin! If not, im fucked.

Help would be appreciated.

I sure hope I didn't fry any diodes.

*EDIT*
    By the way, heres my cable I made.

PlayStation MULI-AV cable <--> housing <--> 20 cm cable (EMI insulated) <--> VGA

dtl_h2000_av_vga_haunted360.JPG
    dtl_h2000_av_vga_haunted360_2.JPG

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  19. unclejun

unclejun <B>Site Supporter 2011</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

20. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Thanks for the link!
    I checked everywhere. Since ASSEMbler moved the server over, the images were lost on most of the older posts.

Please try and find it for me unclejun :)