SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

[PS2] POPS stuff...

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by krHACKen, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Masamune3210

Masamune3210 Active Member

Sorry, I got my dates mixed up somehow. The one in October of 2015 is the one I tried as well as the last stable

2. jakdarklight

jakdarklight Active Member

how can i play spyro 2 and spyro 3 PAL version with popstarter? i tried to patch the games with paradox crack but can't play :(
    And also, what about Syphon Filter 2? there isn't any patch for PAL multidisk (for making 2 disk in 1) :(

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  3. Jolek

Jolek Rising Member

It's not a patch, but look for post #1597 in this topic.

AlGollan84 likes this.
  4. jakdarklight

thats "patch" (idk what is it's name :p) are not for PAL version, i tried to use the Syphon Filter 2 multidisk patch but with PAL version the game don't start (i see only the playstation logo) instead the NTSC version that run :( maybe for PAL version (it's the Italian version ) this patch don't work very well... i will try to use other POPSTARTER patch.bin, maybe it will run.. stay tuned

Jolek and AlGollan84 like this.
  5. Paco

Paco Newly Registered

Before 700GB hard drive had popstarter was no problem, and 4gb pendrive without problem. I change hard drive Western Digital My Book USB 2.0, in fat32 , copy all data from the hard drive usb 700GB , and only OPL games ps2 work , I had problems with ulauncher elf not recognize the external drive 2tb , but I managed enter from ulauncher , changing usbhdfsd.irx fcmb1.95 installer because FCMB 1.94 usbhdfsd.irx not work. Ps2 game without problems 2tb usb, the ulauncher with usbhdfsd.irx of FCMB 1.95 installer of 04.01.2016 usb works can enter without problem reading but writing problem ... I delete a file and create a folder but more or less works. But Pops have not managed to make it work in 2tb usb , I have tried to change the delay in the increase and fails cheats.txt not loaded games.

have set mc : /POPSTARTER/usbhdfsd.irx and upper- and nothing , I have also tried to put it into mass : /pops/usbhdfsd.irx and nothing ...

I do not know what to do, no works

6. krHACKen

krHACKen Enthusiastic Member

Try that POPStarter build, with your IRX files in mc#:/POPSTARTER/usbd.irx and mc#:/POPSTARTER/usbhdfsd.irx

POPStarter_r13_WIP_06_OBT_20160723.zip

7. ElPatas

ElPatas Spirited Member

What means "truckload" of LibCrypt fixes?
    This is a thing that the users can manage?

Scanlines generator is a new filter for the 2D graphics?
    This are the black horizontal lines added for look the games like looked in the old good times and
    make the image more defined?

Best regards.

AlGollan84 and Antonioks like this.
  8. Antonioks

Antonioks Member

Obrigado meu amigo por mais está versão do maravilhoso Popstarter, tentei usar via USB mais quando vai carregar fica em uma tela preta, não sei o que pode estar ocorrendo eu só tirei o POPSTARTER.ELF antigo e substiti pelo POPSTARTER.ELF novo?

Merci à mon ami pour plus version est merveilleuse Popstarter, essayé d'utiliser USB lorsque plus chargera est sur un écran noir, ne sais pas ce qui peut se produire alors je pris le vieux POPSTARTER.ELF et substiti le nouveau POPSTARTER.ELF?

AlGollan84 likes this.
  9. rso

rso Contains Quiltineum

That's a new one, two foreign languages in a single post, and no English whatsoever. This is an English-speaking forum, so please post in a way that people understand.

Antonioks likes this.
  10. Antonioks

Antonioks Member

Excuse me.

Thank you my friend for more version is wonderful Popstarter, tried using USB when more will load is on a black screen, do not know what might be happening I just took the old POPSTARTER.ELF and substiti the new POPSTARTER.ELF?

11. Jolek

Jolek Rising Member

I've tried new beta (OBT 14) with my flash drive and it works.
    Are you sure, you renamed file "POPSTARTER.ELF" properly (not "POPSTARTER.KELF").
    Eg: "XX.Name of a game.ELF" for USB.
    Also in POPS folder you should have file "POPS.PAK" or "POPS_IOX.PAK".
    What other files you have in your POPS folder?

Antonioks and AlGollan84 like this.
  12. DaSA

DaSA Spirited Member

From what I can understand, it simply means "a lot" of new LC fixes integrated into POPStarter, like the ones described in the AUTOMATED.txt documentation.

Antonioks and AlGollan84 like this.
  13. krHACKen

20+ new LC fixes, committed 3 or 4 months ago so I can't remenber the titles. Those are automatically activated.
    POPStarter now has a database of 540 discs, which enables the needed compatibility modes / fixes.

This odd thing :

Patch your POPSTARTER.ELF with DEBUG_AND_HALT.PPF so we can track down the error.
    But normally, an error would make POPStarter reset the console, not hang on a black screen...

By the way, the unfinished Tomb Raider III fix is assigned to $COMPATIBILITY_0x07

14. ElPatas

ElPatas Spirited Member

Thank you.

Thank you, i see, is about the compatibility modes, i have a lot of this files :)

Aha, very clear with the video.

Is not possible use this compatibility mode until you finish it right? there is not trojan available not?

I noticed that the files CUE2POPS_2_2.EXE and BULK_CUE2POPS.BAT have different size than the
    previous versions, now are more big, this are new versions of this tools?

And the file "toolbox.exe" is missing in the folder, this means that the toolbox.exe file is not neded
    anymore for use the CUE2POPS tool?

Best regards.

Antonioks likes this.
  15. jakdarklight

what about PAL version of Crash Bash, Spyro 2 and Spyro 3? are they fixed now?

16. krHACKen

Even though it has not yet been finished (the colours still look weird), the compatibility can be activated by writing $COMPATIBILITY_0x07 to the CHEATS.TXT file of a game. And it is not restricted to Tomb Raider III, meaning that you can activate that mode on any game you want and see if it fixes the missing texture problems.

Yes. CUE2POPS v2.2 was compiled on april 1st, after I found an issue with generating the Rage Racer USA timecodes. One of the audio track had a nonsense start time. So I took the -cue2pops function of ToolBox, fixed its bug, and compiled this stand alone CUE2POPS_2_2.EXE.

Yes, ToolBox is not needed anymore for converting the BIN+CUE to VCD. I recommend you to use the included CUE2POPS v2.2 now... unless someone finds another lame bug lol.
    As for the -trainer function of ToolBox, it's useless since we can use CHEATS.TXT files directly with POPStarter without having to convert them.

17. lordnoc

lordnoc Member

Glad to see you back @krHACKen !!
    Do you see a chance to finally update your PS2SDK environment to the latest version and make POPS compile for it? :)
    Still hoping for PS3 compatability here :D

18. ElPatas

ElPatas Spirited Member

Thank you, but please you can provide also a trojan file? for me manage the compatibility modes is more
    fast use a trojan file than write in the cheats.txt.

Best regards.

19. krHACKen

Even though my toolchain isn't up to date, it does have all the fixes the PS3 needs I guess. iCEQB and I did some testings last year, and we couldn't get POPStarter to work in a BC :( . The USB driver loading failed, and we tried several versions.
    I remember AKuHAK suggested to make POPStarter load the USB drivers from the MC. I did that for the POPS resident USB drivers, but forgot to implement it for POPStarter itself -_- .

This ?

So, Antonioks reported that the USB mode is possibly broken. Did anyone else try it ? Jolek said that it works, but I can't try it out myself as I'm not into PS2 atm...

MartinBiohazard and AlGollan84 like this.
  20. maxstyle

maxstyle Member

Thank you so much krachken. But if you deal disc change problem, that will be so great. Because multi disc kits didn't work very well on popstarter.