1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

[PS2] POPS stuff...

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by krHACKen, Apr 10, 2013.

1. sp193

sp193 Well Known Member

Regarding the support of USB devices: it seems like the compatibility problem with Kingston devices is no longer restricted to Kingston devices, as the chipset used in my new Toshiba 16GB USB disk appears to have been also used in a Kingston 16GB disk. This Toshiba 16GB disk seems to be having the same problems as Kingston devices: writing anything to it may corrupt the disk.

I have also managed to once observe reading fail, so it could be a sign that data is not being transferred properly between the PS2 and the USB device.
    The activity indicator LED is also always seen blinking, even if nothing is accessing the USB disk (i.e. when uLaunchELF is left alone).

With older revisions of USBHDFSD (prior to any of my modifications in 2014), the problem seems to (although it is known to be there) be non-existent. But ever since I modified fat_WriteFile() to not read sectors that would have their content entirely replaced, the problem seems to be occurring more requently. The change was made, for better performance.

So for best reliability, perhaps it would be best to avoid such devices.
    This does not only apply to POPStarter, but to any piece of homebrew software that supports USB Mass Storage Devices.

Antonioks, ElPatas and AlGollan84 like this.
  2. Antonioks

Antonioks Member

sp193 eu tenho um problema parecido quando tento instalar o FMCB no meu ps2 fat 39001 com meu pen drive Kingston de 8gb data travel, ele trava quando tento instalar o FMCB, ai instalo o mesmo com o meu nano pendrive multilazer de 4gb.

sp193 I have a similar problem when trying to install FMCB on my ps2 fat 39001 with my pen drive Kingston 8gb travel date, it hangs when I try to install FMCB, there install the same as my nano stick multilazer 4GB.

3. almmiron

almmiron ...

Desculpe em perguntar, caso alguém já tenha perguntado. Nao achei informação a respeito. Jogo compilado funciona (esses 3in1 das banquinha do paraguay?). Também, eu estou usando um dvd gravado do Ulaunch.elf pra poder executar os arquivos contidos no pendrive. Nao gosto muito de usar o freemcboot. Tem algum problema?
    -----
    Anyone has tested compiled 3in1 like games? I've tested some unofficial ones (crash 3in1), and had no luck. Also, there is a problem using a dvd too execute the files within the flashdrive?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  4. nevermind

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2016
  5. Koy McCloud

Koy McCloud Newly Registered

Awesome emulator, but I do have a couple of questions, first, how do I apply the fixes? For example with the Crash games, or harry potter? Next, how would I apply the patches for a game not working, for example, Spider-Man for ps1 works fine, until you start a new game, pick the difficulty, and end up with a black screen. If I could get specific instructions, that be fantastic.

6. Денис

Денис Member

Read here and here.

7. Koy McCloud

Okay, so scratch what I said about Spider-Man, turns out it was the iso itself, got a new one, game works fine, but for some reason the walls turn invisible, and dialogue that's not suppose to be said until later stages is spouted randomly. I've tried applying all the patches one at a time, but only the dialogue seems to get fixed with some of them, the walls still turn invisible.

8. ElPatas

ElPatas Spirited Member

There is not solution for the graphic problems of the two Spider-Man games, bad luck for this games.

Best regards.

9. Koy McCloud

I see, thanks for the replies, but something I came across, so I noticed Crash Team Races has a fix, so I played the .Trojan into the VMC of Crash Team racing, but then all the voice clips spouted about at random. It seemed to be fixed when I actually removed it. What's that about?

10. DaSA

DaSA Robust Member

Crash Team Racing (SCUS-94426) – Boot Fix

Might be a problem with the fix.

Description of all the fixes : https://bitbucket.org/ShaolinAssassin/popstarter-documentation-stuff/wiki/Game Compatibility

AlGollan84 likes this.
  11. DaSA

DaSA Robust Member

Cooked last month - had no time/will to work more on it since :

[​IMG]

Link : here

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    AlGollan84 likes this.
  12. nevermind

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2016
  13. Koy McCloud

14. LopoTRI

LopoTRI Newly Registered

AlGollan84 likes this.
  15. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

How is IGR accessed? I've forgot.. Nice theme btw

16. Jolek

Jolek Rising Member

By pressing "SELECT+START+L1".
    You can change that by copy TROJAN to VMC from IGR Behaviour Modifiers (available in POPStarter_r13_WIP_05.zip).

americandad and AlGollan84 like this.
  17. Darhunter 9

Darhunter 9 Newly Registered

time without being in the forums it seems that our friend who leads the development of a long holiday pops know nothing of the since December last year was taken, I hope you do not forget us and the emulator.

AlGollan84 likes this.
  18. tkeely4777

tkeely4777 Rising Member

Yes, coming out of hiding and posting messages complaining that the developer for not updating is the *perfect* way to see future updates. Thanks for that, mate.

19. Masamune3210

Masamune3210 Active Member

I am having issues with Legend of Dragoon in the latest version of POPS as of 7/9/2016, would anybody be able to help me diagnose and possibly fix them? I have looked on every compat list I can find, but the only mention of the game is on a list for POPS on PSP. I know that this game is very very picky on what it will run correctly on, but I'm hoping that someone can get it working

20. jakdarklight

jakdarklight Active Member

where can i download the lastest version of POPSTARTER?? you said the last version was released on 7/9/2016 but in this thread the last beta was released on October 2015 :(