SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

[PS2] POPS stuff...

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by krHACKen, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ElPatas

ElPatas Spirited Member

Hi krHACKen, and user found that the disc change not works with the game Final Fantasy IX.
    I checked the disk change with the game in the internal HDD and also in a USB device.

When you close the lid for loading the disc 2 is strange, because the game seems that likes
    to load, the light of the HDD runs fast and the music do not stops, but the screen remains black.
    The hang is not hard you can exit with IGR.

I provide here an VMC which have a saved game near the end of the disc 1 and a saved
    game starting the disc 2.
    Is for the spanish version of the game, (SLES-02969), (SLES-12969), (SLES-22969), (SLES-32969):

Best regards.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    krHACKen, Jolek and AlGollan84 like this.
  2. klode

klode Newly Registered

Hi, I'm using POPSTARTER on my PS2. It works fine. However, I'm working on made SLES-01463 to work. I'm trying to set Compatibility Mode, with pop-ae. But the game freezes after 3 minutes of game. Same issue with deutch version and Ntsc version. The game is Apocalypse. I have added bin files into VMC cards of the game. Same issue. What's wrpng?

3. DaSA

DaSA Spirited Member

German version is reported as working (with glitches sounds) on the USB CL / POPStarter OBT14 with no compatibility mode.
    - Which POPStarter version do you use ?
    - USB ? HDD ? ETH ?

4. Feanor

Feanor Newly Registered

Hi, I just wanted to say thank you to those working on POPStarter. :)

UniqueUserName, emuler and krHACKen like this.
  5. joseri

joseri Active Member

APOCALYPSE (SLUS_003.73)
    Testa este arquivo “POPSTARTER.ELF” e verifica se funciona. :)
    Descrição do “POPSTARTER.ELF”:
    - POPStarter_r13_WIP_06_OBT_20161120;
    - HDTV;
    - Offset $42F : POPStarter automatic compatibility mode activator - (0x00 == Do not enable anything).

Translated by Chrome

APOCALYPSE (SLUS_003.73)
    Test this file “POPSTARTER.ELF” and check it works. :)
    Description of the “POPSTARTER.ELF”:
    - POPStarter_r13_WIP_06_OBT_20161120;
    - HDTV;
    - Offset $42F : POPStarter automatic compatibility mode activator - (0x00 == Do not enable anything).

Link:
    Code:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/kgxf40

emuler likes this.
  6. emuler

emuler Rising Member

Didn't checked Popstarter for a long time. Awesome improving work, you increased compatibility rate further?! \[TvT]/.'.'.'.
    Thanks a lot to @joseri for those hardcore list.

UniqueUserName likes this.
  7. joseri

joseri Active Member

O arquivo “POPSTARTER.ELF” acima, não é um novo. É a versão “POPStarter_r13_WIP_06_OBT_20161120”, eu só fiz uma edição hexadecimal, usando as informações do arquivo de texto “3-ADVANCED.TXT” do krHACKen. Só isso, nada mais.

Translated by Chrome

The file “POPSTARTER.ELF” above is not a new one. It's a “POPStarter_r13_WIP_06_OBT_20161120” version, I did a hexadecimal edit, using it as information from the krHACKen “3-ADVANCED.TXT” text file. That's all, nothing more.

UniqueUserName likes this.
  8. emuler

emuler Rising Member

I know, joseri ;) I actually meant "thank you for your pdfs with very valuable info for compatibility issues". I appreciate the time it must cost to you :S