1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

Progamer Retroelectroniks Supergun, anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Arcade and Supergun' started by Kuririn84, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Kuririn84

Kuririn84 Spirited Member

While browsing ebay I came across this supergun,
    http://www.retroelectronik.com/en/s...autofirevoltmeter-included-5674864654514.html

It looks like a quality all in one set up, has anyone gotten a hold of one of these? I really like the terminal blocks, it allows for a lot of customization. Any important features that are missing that I haven't noticed?

I've been wanting to build a supergun for years, and I have the technical means to do so. I just haven't had the time. These go for $80 shipped on ebay, paying that might be worth my time.

Is there any advantage to building one myself, compared to just buying this?

2. MottZilla

MottZilla Guardian of the Forum

The advantage to building one yourself would be cost and freedom to design what you want. The board you linked might be a challenge if you plan on putting it into a case and not just having a bare pcb for a Supergun with all sorts of stuff plugged into it from all sides.

3. Logan McCloud

Logan McCloud Member

I had several Supergun over the years, some of them from Vogatek (from Mark 1 to Mark 5), some were handmade, etc.

A couple of weeks ago I bought one of this, and I can assure you without any doubt, this one if probable the most complete solution that you can find out there today, even you have a -5v line generator.

Is not the cheapest one, but I think it really worth it.

Best regards.

4. Kuririn84

Kuririn84 Spirited Member

Thanks for us know you got one! It was interested in it because it did seem like a complete solution, thanks for confirming that!

5. Logan McCloud

Logan McCloud Member

No problem, If you want to know any particular details about this Supergun, just let me know.

Best regards.

6. Trenton_net

Trenton_net AKA SUPERCOM32

I am also thinking about this super gun. However, not having a case, as well as an easy way to connect power (Do I really need a PC power supply!?) is kind of a turn off. Is there any solution to this, or maybe another supergun kit that might be a little more user friendly in those departments? I take it that non of these kits output HDMI or component generally? Only SCART or VGA?

7. Logan McCloud

Logan McCloud Member

Hello.

You dont need to use a PC PSU on this Supergun, you can use a regular Arcade PSU and wire it directly into the screw connectors near the ATX PSU connector.

Regarding the hi-res output, you will need to use a CGA to VGA converter (the cheap Chinese ones works well) and then add a VGA to HDMI adapter.

Anyway, if you plan to use an Arcade board with a high-res TV without a rescaler or scanline generator, the result will be awful.

Best regards.

8. stewart cachia

stewart cachia Newly Registered

Hi I have bought this supergun based on what it offers But im having an issue I have it connected to a pandorasbox3 But it doesnt seem to see my start button i have it wired to the terminals not sure if its something obvious but very frustrating Iv only conected it up outside the cab at the moment and im just doing player one till i get that sorted Joystick and credit work ok
    And i can play a neo geo game as they are 4 button Anybody have a similar issue?
    Many thanks
    Stu