1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

Pi2Jamma project

Discussion in 'Arcade and Supergun' started by Bruktmoped, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Bruktmoped

Bruktmoped Active Member

I just found this online. I bought the parts to port my PI to my Jamma caba along time ago, but never got the time to start buliding. Now this shows up, making it possible to skip right to the playing. (hopefully)

http://arcadeforge.net/PiJamma/Pi2Jamma::248.html

2. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator

That is very expensive.

3. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

But compared to buying one of those Pandora box things, doesn't this seem like a great option for what they're charging?

4. djelaba

djelaba Benzin !, Site Supporter 2013

I started a similar project a few months ago, but got stuck when trying to output 15Khz natively on the Pi.
    I guess they are using Gert's VGA adapter (similar resistors values), Serial to Parallel chip for inputs, using the remaining GPIO, RGB amp, and a sound amp.

Maybe I should finish mine and sell it 99 $ :D

Bruktmoped likes this.
  5. Bruktmoped

Bruktmoped Active Member

I have several of those solutions, Blue Elf, Pandora, Happy Fish, but they are missing a lot of games, and they all have problems with frame skipping, sound problems and misc irritating stuff like unable to add games and no support for horisontal and vertical screen. Im hoping this is a final solution so I wont have to buy any more of those chinese solutions. I have used a lot more on my current emulation boards combined than this will cost. I certainly agree its expensive, but I like to support projects like this if I can afford it. If I sell some of my chinese hardware, I bet I can finance it with that.

6. Bruktmoped

Bruktmoped Active Member

Go for it!

7. djelaba

djelaba Benzin !, Site Supporter 2013