SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

Official Japanese Car Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Digmac, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Topsnek

Topsnek Snack Eater

Well looking at these pictures, I can see why more casual Japanese car enthusiasts (like myself) would completely forget about these. With their altered bodies and wheels, I don't prefer the look of them. Looking at their stock figures though, they do look cool. I still like the R34 better though for the head and taillights.

2. Digmac

Digmac Removed for Not Reuploading Juiced Fast Enough

They're mainly customized in Bosozoku style, taking after highly modified bikes used by biker gangs in Japan. Characterized by very high and intricate exhaust, wild bodywork, and air horn setups.

I like both, stock and modified styles. Most older Skyline models are beautiful when they're maintained stock.

3. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

I prefer the more stock, or just slightly modified stock. Not a fan of the over the top stuff, looks like they should be in Wacky Races or something. There are some really nice lower profile after market parts which look amazing though.

Topsnek likes this.
  4. pato

pato Fiery Member

Bosozoku are the ricers on drugs 10x

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Digmac likes this.
  5. Domspun

Domspun Spirited Member

Great thread idea!! I am a huge Celica fan. I've owned a bunch, but now I have a 92 GT4 and a 94 GT4 WRC. I don't know if I'll get a 89 GT4 or a 2005 Caldina GT4 next? Probably a Caldina since it's a lot cheaper.

6. pato

pato Fiery Member

Buy a cassowary.

We have the sedan version here on Brazil, but a shitload of Wagons and Sedans from 1996-2001 Gen are sometimes auctioned from the customs (it's the only way to get an import instead of being zero miles or 30 years old), because they were from Paraguay and went here ilegally.

We also have a few Celicas, but they are quite rare to find, but funny enough you may be lucky to find even the very early generations.

7. stevo9389

stevo9389 Plays It Loud

Doesn't get any better than these:

1974-toyota-celica-pic-29108-640x480.jpg

280z at shootout.jpg

8. Digmac

Digmac Removed for Not Reuploading Juiced Fast Enough

pato, skyway1985, fate6 and 3 others like this.
  9. MonkeyBoyJoey

MonkeyBoyJoey 70's Robot Anime Geppy-X (PS1) Fanatic

Digmac likes this.
  10. Charels

Charels always bored

pato and Digmac like this.
  11. sp193

sp193 Well Known Member

Ah, the itashas have appeared! :D
    Every year, there is a new version of Racing Miku, so the decals for the GSR cars do change.

Instead of getting the car over, you could get your car decked out with nice decals. I've seen some of them around here... sadly, due to how ownership of cars here work, the one that I took photographs of probably got scrapped/exported a few years ago. :/

Digmac likes this.
  12. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag Staff Member

What's the point in doing that? 86 is pretty much everywhere. Any professional wrap shop could make that.

13. pato

pato Fiery Member

Kinda weird when you see an american car in Japan, as their sales figure are very very low.

But heck, you can even find a Caprice 90-96 Wagon there

14. Charels

Charels always bored

The guy who owns that actually lives in America, sakuracon is an anime convention in Washington state.

pato likes this.
  15. Domspun

Domspun Spirited Member

Loving it! I used to own two 280ZX 2+2, one turbo and on N/A, both T-tops. One of the best cars for weekend cruising. They don't make cars like these anymore. As for coolness factor, it's over 9000! lol One of these days I'll get another one.

Digmac likes this.
  16. dark

dark Intrepid Member

As for any kind of car, I like 2 seaters with long hoods, so stuff like Datsun Zs, Jaguar XKEs, corvettes, etc. As for Japanese cars, the first edition Nissan 300zx has some cool lines, and added vintage style points for having a T top, hide-away headlights and (some models) 1980s electronic dashboard that looks like something out of nightrider.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And on the unobtainable side of the spectrum, I love the Toyota 2000gt, although I would never fit in one being over 6 feet tall.

[​IMG]

I like the look of the prototype Mazda RX-9 that supposedly has a rotary engine and has been displayed at various auto shows in the last 2 years. Unfortunately, I think the most recent word on this car is that Mazda has no plans to put it into production (but look at that gorgeous long hood!) Frankly, this car reminds me of the red "eagle" car from Carmageddon!

[​IMG]

Domspun and Digmac like this.