SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

New here from SRK Tech Talk

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction Forum' started by moonchilde, Dec 4, 2016.

1. moonchilde

moonchilde Member

Hey, new around these parts. Mainly looking to mod DC consoles for fighting game things. Learned a lot of stuff From SRK Tech Talk, now looking to learn more about modding consoles to extend their lifespans.

Thanks in advance!

supersega likes this.
  2. LeHaM

LeHaM Site Soldier

Hello and welcome :)

what kind of mods are you wanting to do, this sounds interesting.

3. moonchilde

moonchilde Member

I need to do a HDMI mod for the DC so I can get a fighting game stream going for CvS2. Sure I could use a VGA setup and shit but I already have a HDMI splitter and capture setup and don't want to do analog to digital conversion. This is probably first and foremost the reason I signed up here.

Other mods would be a GD-ROM replacement, lithium rechargeable battery replacement, a USB converter box using Undamned USB decoders + Mc Cthulhu which me and a friend already have a working prototype, and possibly build a metal case for it similar to a supergun so I can take it on the road to tournaments and not worry about it getting the shit beaten out of it, lol.

Once that's done I was thinking about sprite hacking CvS2, but we'll see how easy, hard that is...