1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

My Project Diva Future Tune Cab is working !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Arcade and Supergun' started by soyandroid, Feb 17, 2017 at 3:24 AM.

1. soyandroid

soyandroid Rising Member

Finally after years and years of wait.

I got a Project Diva Cabinet.

Originallly, i wanted a Diva RingEdge cab, but almost all cabs in Japan was updated to Nu and Future Tone version, 2.5 years ago, so i end buying a Project Diva Future Tone cab, powered by a Sega Nu.

Cab arrived from very far away, terribly well packet (cardboard box was already removed for the photos):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It just took me two weeks to get it up and running, althought i already had been working on Nu, 4 months ago...

And here is my daughter enjoying it:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And finally here is a small an dirty video:

sp193, Digmac, MetalliC and 2 others like this.
  2. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

3. wombat

wombat Site Supporter 2011,2013,2014,2015

Really cool to see you not only imported this Japan exclusive cabinet/game, you also managed to crack the online requirements. I guess you're the only person in world outside Japan actually owning a fully functioning and playable Project DIVA cabinet :)

Digmac likes this.
  4. soyandroid

soyandroid Rising Member

I know there was a cab imported to an arcade in Las Vegas last year, but it never worked there.
    I tried to buy it from the owner, but he didn't wanted to sell it, because he was thinking that someday someone will fix it for him.
    I hear later that he broken relations with his bussiness partner and closed the arcade and sold it very cheap.

So finally, the only way was to import a cab from Japan and work a bit hard on the Nu for get it running offline.

The NU is a very nice platform for wok on, all is encrypted and protected with Bitlocker and onboard TPM.

Appart from that Sega designed a very nice PCI EX Board called AMEX that is in handle of most part of the security off the system.

Is that board:

[​IMG]

5. Digmac

Digmac Removed for Not Reuploading Juiced Fast Enough

Not true. Round 1 arcades here in the United States have had Project Diva Future Tone cabs fully working, and for a long time now. You can export these cabs to the US with full online support working, you just need to have the connections to do so. Round 1 being an arcade chain in Japan has these connections of course. Also, yes, I've played this game here in the US just fine.

That being said, this is the first independently owned cabinet with the online functions bypassed that we know of. Huge congrats to @soyandroid for pulling this off. It's worth an extreme amount to the right person. I never thought I'd see this happen.

wombat likes this.
  6. soyandroid

soyandroid Rising Member

Here is a bit better quality video of my daugther playing Project Diva, but we are still very bad playing the game, lol

7. sp193

sp193 Well Known Member

So does this mean that you can't save your progress? It seems like you were able to change modules, so I guess the hack took care of that?

I wasn't very good with it either, but I played it to enjoy the music and graphics. Enjoy!

Digmac likes this.
  8. soyandroid

soyandroid Rising Member

For now i can't not save progress, because the Aime reader don't work if the cab is offline.
    But is just a matter of expend time and implement an All.net emulator properlly.
    There will be some added problems like the conexion is thru SSL and it checks for a valid certificate, but well is not my mine concert now.
    A CrossBeats Sunrise cab is also coming from Japan and is based on Nu 1.1, i will like too see if Sega fixed the small security hole i found on the first vesion of the Nu, lol

9. Woodu

Woodu Member

Nice Work!
    Glad to see Nu works offline now.