SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

iQue DS Lite - Pictures, Setup, Discussion

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by Digmac, Jan 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Digmac

Digmac Removed for Not Reuploading Juiced Fast Enough

Here you go guys. One of the more interesting DS units out there, and a quite rare one at that. This is an Enamel Navy colored iQue DS Lite console. These are pretty rare outside of mainland China, which was it's original market. Wikipedia claims that it's region locked from games that aren't iQue DS titles, and that iQue DS titles won't play on other region consoles. This is only half true. Upon testing, the DS is still region free, being able to play DS titles from any region. What they are right about, is iQue DS titles not being able to play on other region DS console. iQue/Nintendo installed a Chinese language pack that is not present on any other DS, which prohibits iQue DS games from being played on JP, US, or PAL/EU DS consoles. Six iQue DS games were released, and they all need that language pack to run from my understanding. No word yet if iQue DS games work through emulation.

I'm currently importing (thanks to @GoodTofuFriday ) one of the iQue DS games, Polarium. Once I get this in I'll have more documentation and pictures for you guys.

I present the most in depth look and pictures of the iQue DS Lite on this side of the Internet.

:eek::eek:LARGE PICTURE WARNING:eek::eek:
    Here is the original album with all the pictures in full quality. These pictures range from 10-15MB each, are 5456x3632, and there are 19 pictures: http://imgur.com/a/FinOv

:)PICTURE TIME:) (large thumbnails, smaller than full pictures)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Enjoy! :D

2. shicky256

shicky256 Member

Does it let you change the language or is it locked to Chinese? Also, what does the settings menu look like? Did they just erase the language option from there too?

3. Digmac

Digmac Removed for Not Reuploading Juiced Fast Enough

Language select is still in tact and lets you select between English, Dutch, French, Spanish, Italian, and lastly Chinese. The settings menu and core OS remains unchanged and is the same as other regions DS units.

The Japanese language pack is actually still installed on the iQue DS, it's just hidden. It would have been more work to take all the language packs out than to just add one more is my thinking as to why it's that way.