Info about Resident Evil 1.5

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by santo_reska, Jan 5, 2008.

1. santo_reska

santo_reska Member

Hello, i need help about resident evil 1.5, i 'm looking for general informations like the main characters, the story, the differences between the 1.5 version and the final, the protagonists, the enemies, the reasons of the cancellation of the game, etcetera, please let me know, thanks.

2. Bartek

Bartek Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2008
  3. Watts

Watts Newly Registered

4. davenixdorf

davenixdorf Peppy Member

5. neoblast

neoblast Robust Member

have any info or videos got out?
    I mean from the build that playstation museum have

6. davenixdorf

davenixdorf Peppy Member

7. discworld

discworld <B>Site Donor 2012</B>

the PSMprototype is the same as the movies from the complete disc. i hope another source can sell it for us.

discworld

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  8. mattjon

mattjon Member

Nope. The PlayStation Museum copy is an earlier beta than the one on the complete disk and the exclusive images that Inflames has.

Take a look at these comparisons that Alzaire posted on the Bioflames forum during the whole Museum-saga:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  9. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Please dont use caps on titles.

10. 123lkik

123lkik Spirited Member

well there are diffrentices in the pics, but what about those other betas people keep talking about

11. Alzaire

Alzaire Active Member

Things were obviously changed around a lot during development, but there are around 4 noticeably different publicly shown eras of development for 1.5. The first was a short video showing Leon with short sleeves in a blue uniform with his Chris-style haircut and black vest. That would be the earliest known development build.

The second would be a version that was relatively unknown till Inflames posted a press video that made it more available to the public. It changed a few aspects of the lobby and reception area, showed a small bit of the sewers, and was the only version to ever show off any female zombies. Also the only build to have Leon in civilian jeans and a white/blue jacket.

The third version is what most of the final magazine coverage showed, esp. a couple of European magazines who either had a review copy they could take their own screenshots off of, or were given exclusive images that I've never seen in any US or JP magazine. Basically, this version corresponds pretty much exactly to what I mentioned in the comparison images above, and is definately likely the version that the PSM got a hold of.

The final beta is what the Complete Disk videos showed, and the version Inflames was lucky enough to obtain a couple hundred images of from a private source. This one is the most complete and has various differences from the previous builds.

I had planned to make a detailed article for THIA detailing all the differences and information about 1.5's development, but I've been busy and the PSM event had gotten me a bit discouraged so I've been quiet in the scene generally. But I'll get to it eventually, as there really isn't a very good organized location for full information and I'd like to have one out there for when posts like this show up at places.

If you want more information, I can type up some more later. But I know you guys are probably already stabbing your eyes out with this wall-of-text post, and anyone that knows me knows that any discussion about 1.5 can easily reach a novel sized discussion from me, haha.

12. mattjon

mattjon Member

I'd love to see a complete article on the whole thing. Although a lot of information is on the Bioflames forum, it usually means combing through 3 year old topics, just to find a specific screenshot...

It would be nice to have a comprehensive summary of everything in one place. Feel free to type away, I'll read it :icon_bigg

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  13. Alzaire

Alzaire Active Member

Yeah, it's exactly why I want to finish up my thorough feature at some point. Bioflames is the best source of information, but as you said, most of the solid information is scattered in the forums and hard to find. I'll be working on it soon, so hopefully I can complete it soon.

14. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Yes, get moving :110:

15. discworld

discworld <B>Site Donor 2012</B>

i need the final beta! :love2:

nice article!

16. alf717

alf717 Robust Member

Don't let it get to you Alzaire. I'm looking forward to your analysis on the subject. I'm sure it will be just as good as the rest of the information you have shared with us over the years. I’d love to read up on your theory of multiple betas someday.

We know the one the Museum obtained was not the one used for the Director's Cut bonus disc so we still have a lot to look forward to. Maybe with some luck Inflames source may show up again and offer the community a third chance. Either way for the most part we know it is still out there.

Got to keep that chin up bud!Don't
    let it get to you Alzaire. I'm looking forward to your analysis on the subject. I'm sure it will be just as good as the rest of the information you have shared with us over the years. I’d love to read up on your theory of multiple betas someday.

We know the one the Museum obtained was not the one used for the Director's Cut bonus disc so we still have a lot to look forward to. Maybe with some luck Inflames source may show up again and offer the community a third chance. Either way for the most part we know it is still out there.

Got to keep that chin up bud!

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  17. roberto_blankhoe

roberto_blankhoe Active Member

18. Alzaire

Alzaire Active Member

19. roberto_blankhoe

roberto_blankhoe Active Member

thanks! too sad it never got released...

20. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Alf, its not such a good idea to have colored text. I cant even see what your wrote since I'm using the white vbulletin skin we have. Try to keep that in mind :p