SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

Homemade Arcade Machines - our works

Discussion in 'Arcade and Supergun' started by Gangst3r, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Gangst3r

Gangst3r Member

I don't see any topic on forum in which users can show up their own projects from building Arcade Machine cabinets, so I decided to create one here :D

So we start the show!

I start this topic so I throw my project first.

XboxArcade Cabinet

This Arcade machine was built entirely by me, from the sketch plan and the dimensions to the assembly and finally decorating.

XboxArcade Cabinet - Front view.jpg Inected Omen - side view.jpg Infected Omen.jpg XboxArcade  Cabinet - Panel with console doors.jpg XboxArcade Cabinet - Topdown view.jpg

Full gallery from the begining you can see by visit this link - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=RTlnZTV6UXEydlVzVUExdmgwT2R5QW9sbFpOeDNB

Any comments and questions are welcome. Thanks and encourage you guys to submit your projects!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  2. Nidge

Nidge Spirited Member

Nice :cool: I'd like to build something like this, but a few things are stopping me?
    1. I live in a one bedroom top floor apartment, so no room, and three flights of stairs :(
    2. My woodwork skills are crap! :rolleyes:

3. retro

retro Administrator Staff Member

My friend's homemade MAME cabinet. He had already made the cabinet, but I helped with the wiring / PC.

mamecocktail.JPG

4. Gamemaster14XIV

Gamemaster14XIV The Master of All Games

I just have one question for the topic creator, Why make a Gears of War themed arcade cabinet and put an original xbox in it? Would it be easy to swap an Xbox 360 into it? Would be cool to see it running Gears of War.

5. Gangst3r

Gangst3r Member

At first I want to put Xbox 360 to my cabinet, but a few things stop me. One of them is mame emulator which sucks (i like my CoinOps) secondly I have an Xbox console which which lay unused. Although you're right it would be cool to see it running Gears of War and I think about it many times, but now I wanna stay with my Classic Xbox console :) Maybe in th near future I put X360 to this Cab :p

6. Nidge

Nidge Spirited Member

I had a chopper bike, it was red like that one in the corner ;)

7. Yakumo

Yakumo Moderator Staff Member

So did I with a gear stick on the center bike frame. :) the amount of times I slid of the seat smacking my meat and veg on the bloody gear stick! o_O

8. esan

esan Member

what kind of interface you used for control pannel?

9. Gangst3r

Gangst3r Member

10. retro

retro Administrator Staff Member

Haha, yeah! Gotta watch out for that! :p

11. Geekman1222

Geekman1222 Spirited Member

Nice work dude. My bartop is far from looking how I want it, but its functional, and has a authentic Naomi squeezed inside \o/ Ill get a picture of mine

12. MrThunderwing

MrThunderwing Active Member

Hey man, don't let those things hold you back. I'm also in one bedroom apartment, but I decided to bite the bullet last year and build a MAME Bartop machine. I got around my lack of wood working skills by buying a flatpack Bartop kit off of a seller on eBay and then figuring out the rest as I went along. I won't lie, spray painting, sanding, more spray painting of the cabinet and cutting and drilling large sheets of plexiglass to the right size in a one bedroom place is a pain in the arse, but it was all worth it in the end :)

13. Nidge

Nidge Spirited Member

I've recently moved house and I should have a shed later in the year. So fingers crossed ;)

14. scroeffie

scroeffie Member

possible to program the controller for the xbox the way i want ! just like the kade has