1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

Hi From England.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction Forum' started by mungbean, Feb 3, 2017.

1. mungbean

mungbean Newly Registered

Hi, well I got back into retro gaming a few years back. First up was a Dreamcast. On the past 2 years I have picked up 2 deeamcasts (a pal and an NTSC J). They have quickly become 2 of my fave consoles and I play them a whole lot. Love the capcom fighting games and I van litterally spend hours playing games like Puzzle Fighter etc.

I decided to go back even further and get a Saturn. I wanted to play super street fighter almost arcade perfect amongst others so I picked up an NTSC J console.

I haven't had much time to play it but came accross an issue which I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. Any suggestions would be handy. The system tells me it has '0' free units on the internal memory. An action replay cart tells me that there is nothing saved to the internal memory and reads it as being free. Some of the games don't seem to load. At first I thought it was due to needing a 4mg card, however none of my capcom games play. I had a look at none require a ram card. I have tried doing this with and without my par cart. The games get to the capcom logo and then throughs up an error message in Japanese about Ram. I have searched and as far as I can tell the Street fighter collection and Street fighter zero 2 don't require these to run. Also I can't save anything to the internal hard drive to transfer to my par cart.

I've gone to memory manager and tried to clear the memory but it has nothing to clear.

I can't seem to find the issue on the net either. I am guessing there is some form of corruption somewhere.

Has anyone any expertise in this area?

Did I just get unlucky with my Saturn?

2. Jackhead

Jackhead Moderator Staff Member

welcome to assemblergames
    Have you tryed to replace the cr2032 ?

3. mungbean

Thanks for the welcome.

It didn't come with one originally.

I have used 2 different ones and both are/were keeping the time and settings.

4. skyway1985

skyway1985 Enthusiastic Member

you need a 4 meg ram cart for all of the capcom fighters from xmen vs street fighter and up.

5. mungbean

I have got street fighter Alpha,
    Street Fighter Zero 2
    Darkstalkers revenge
    Street Fighter battle on film
    Street Fighter 2 compilation.

From my list I have, none of these require a RAM Card, but I could be wrong.

It's more I don't seem to be able to save anything to the internal memory. It registers as 0 free blocks. But there is nothing to wipe.

6. skyway1985

skyway1985 Enthusiastic Member

install a new battery and re format it. if that doesn't work, you have internal issues. yea all of those don't need the cart you are absolutely correct.

7. Jackhead

Jackhead Moderator Staff Member

i also think the battery is the problem. Easy exchange, give it a try.

8. mungbean

I swapped the battery again and tested it before work. Still had the same issue. Tried to clear the data and nothing. I've contacted the seller and he has agreed to a refund on it. I have got a new one coming. It'll be here by Wednesday so Wednesday night I shall be retroing it a bit. Looking forward to it.

skyway1985 likes this.