SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

getting a blank screen

Discussion in 'Everdrive N8' started by ssj4jaxmazon, Mar 5, 2013.

1. ssj4jaxmazon

ssj4jaxmazon Rising Member

Hi i got a issue with my famicom n8, i got my famicom n8 2 weeks and i have had my av famicom rgb modded so i havent had a chance to try it out.

I got my famicom today and put in a sdhc 4gb card and put it in the av famicom and i et a yellow flash then a black

Is my everdrive n8 broken? Any help would be awesome

Thanks
    Jack

2. MottZilla

MottZilla Guardian of the Forum

Did you test the system with an official Famicom game cartridge? Rule out that it isn't the system's fault first. It's possible it won't work on a modified system too. I recall the PowerPAK didn't like RGB modded system either.

I doubt the cartridge is broken unless you damaged it or exposed it to static electricity. Or if you use the wrong power supply on the Famicom.

3. SkinnyV

SkinnyV Rapidly Rising Member

Dumb question but did you put the Everdrive files on your SD? I bet it is because you have one of those so called ''RGB'' NES that use the PPU from a VS arcade board (they have a different color palette). Krikzz changed the color used on subsequent OS revision to accommodate such modded console but since it's the first time you boot it I bet that the Everdrive is trying to display an error message of some sort and the grey color of the text message can't be displayed properly by your Frankenstein console. My best bet is that you didn't put the file on the OS file on the SD card or more likely, that your Everdrive BIOS need to be updated before being able to use your SD card. The first BIOS can't read from smaller micro-SD card and you need to find another SD card to update the BIOS before being able to use smaller card.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  4. ssj4jaxmazon

Thanks for the help guyz turns out I put the files needed on the root instead of a folder that goes in the root :p

5. SkinnyV

I would advice to update your everdrive because you were supposed to see an error message and it seem it is not displayed because you are using an RGB famicom. The latest update won't have this problem.

6. ssj4jaxmazon

Thanks I updated it the moment I got it working, such a good flash cart :D

7. Grindpxxn

Grindpxxn Member

Same situation here: RGB modded AV Famicom + N8 results in a black screen. I also have only a 2GB SD card around.

I'm waiting a 8GB SHDC card to come in. Once I put an updated OS on a 4+GB SDHC card I should be good, right ? And once I update the Bios as well, I should be able to use my 2GB SD card as well ?

A quick confirmation would ne nice !

Thanks guys!

8. SkinnyV