1. 2017 FUNDRAISER

2017 brings with it a new server for the site. Any donations to support the ongoing costs of keeping this running will be greatly received. See this thread for more information.

Everdrive on eBay 'China Ver.'???

Discussion in 'Everdrive General' started by cawley1, Oct 6, 2011.

1. dragonstrap

dragonstrap Spirited Member

The response I received:
    "
    the price in china is not dirt cheap

believe me it is a lot more than the average person will be able to afford

i am sure that the inventor would not be selling them there if he could not profit from it in some way
    "

2. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

They're collectibles when in good hands. Few of us can say we own a chinese version.

3. Trenton_net

Trenton_net AKA SUPERCOM32

It's not that big a deal. You get an outdated cart with some case and label a Chinese person probably made up (Unless it was provided like that).

Your better off going after more legit rarities and collectables. (^_^); But that's just my humble opinion.

FYI - Minus the ridiculous markup that ebay seller was trying to get away with, the Chinese versions are indeed cheaper, but not *that* cheap. I never imported any for sale because it's a slap in the face. Besides, why bother when you can get the real deal with latest upgrades for just a little more?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  4. DC_Lov

DC_Lov Rising Member

For MD maybe but for N64 Chinese Ver. is al so the most update , no?

The only thing really matter is the support. But you guys probably forget that not everyone speak English. For Example , in Vietnam and some other countries in Asia they probably better off buying from China since people don't speak English anyway while Chinese language is more familiar to them , so it may be easier for them to access to the support of Chinese retailer such as Jungame (which I believe is a legit retailer for Everdrive in China) than American retailer such as Stoneagegame. And of course , the cost of living in each country matters too , as Igot has stated

Also , I bought the MD cart "bare board" from Igor before the new revision was launched , so I think I may have the same "inferior" version as that Chinese cart but my cart has no problem so far.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  5. Xeauron

Xeauron Intrepid Member

Admittedly I'm no collector, though I have to say that some Chinese outdated knock off verses an actual early (official) revision of the board in question holds no weight whatsoever now or in the future I reckon.

You won't be able to say I got this Chinese knock off but it's an early version, how much? Mainly because there will be peeps out there with genuine early KRIKzz boards selling in parallel.

Catch my drift?

6. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Well I don't own it myself. But try finding outdated flash carts, if for some reason you need them. Not a fun endeavor. On that note I regret putting off getting a better GBA solution. My supercard CF is the type with slow memory access, advanced graphics effects bog down its performance.

7. Den Tarr

Den Tarr Rising Member

I dont want to derail this thred but: Get an EZFlash 4. Great GBA cart and still new ones for sale in HK stores.

8. Bboydocument

Bboydocument Spirited Member

Don't even bother reporting to eBay, you will waste your time.

You could report an auction on eBay over 5 years ago and see immediate resolution and delisting. I remember winning an auction for a Dr64jr (i forget its proper name...it's that old n64 'piggyback' flashcart). Then it got delisted after i won, because someone reported it. eBay was so adamant about copier devices, you couldn't even list a super wildcard (DX2 or 3201 for that matter) without it getting delisted within 24 hours.

Now, I don't know what's happened but it's very "relaxed" considering what it used to be like. If you get reported these days, you will get a generic response and that they have "educated" the seller by sending them information - but the auction will still be listed.

eBay cares about income from sellers fees and will make you believe they that they care about your interests in stopping sellers breaking the rules.

One example: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-STAPLE...0789193075?pt=AU_Consoles&hash=item1c1f98d173

Do you know how many times this seller has been reported (reason: for avoiding eBay fees) but eBay hasn't delisted the auction, even after relisting?

If you sold cocaine on eBay I bet the auction still wouldn't be delisted :033:

EDIT: eBay don't give a damn about Nintendo flash carts, I have a watched search for super wildcard dx2's and at least three show up every few months, some sellers with brand new stock and selling at ridiculous prices - but still don't get delisted.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  9. menzo95

menzo95 Member

10. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

11. blotter12

blotter12 <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

12. menzo95

menzo95 Member