SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

Everdrive on eBay 'China Ver.'???

Discussion in 'Everdrive General' started by cawley1, Oct 6, 2011.

1. cawley1

cawley1 Spirited Member

Guys,

Just came across this while searching for SNES stuff on eBay: 260867307475, they also have N64 version: 280750151788...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNES-Ever...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3cbce737d3

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N64-Everd...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item415e03586c

I would say they are possibly a reseller, but the labels have 'China Ver.' written on them, which makes me think they are knock-off?

If I am right, hope the info is useful in getting them taken down (but worrying if we are going to see loads of Everdrive pirates now).

Thanks,
    Paul

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  2. Den Tarr

Den Tarr Rising Member

Not exactly cheap if it is a knockoff.
    Can get it from Retrogate for about the same price.

3. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Hmm...

I wonder if they have copied KrikZZ's design and just copied the EEPROM data.

I sent a message to KrikZZ...

KrikZZ should have looked into that chip that wipes itself once tempered with. I forgot what there called...

4. Mamejay

Mamejay Robust Member

5. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Man people are pathetic when they want to make money...

6. Den Tarr

Den Tarr Rising Member

Second that :rolleyes:

(And at twice the price that Krikzz charges. Hardly a bargain....)

7. StoneAgeGamer

StoneAgeGamer Intrepid Member

They are technically not knock offs, but they are not suppose to be sold outside of China. I bet Igor will not be happy to see this.

8. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

if somebody want to buy those carts - go ahead. I hope that you will be happy to get zero level support and very old board revision inside (yeah, chinese version based on old boards)

9. H360

H360 Familiar Face

You should always buy from the original developer, hence KrikZZ / StoneAgeGamer - because that way you are supporting the person who actually made it and not some seller who is ripping it off. You also get the case and warranty, as well as firmware updates.

10. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

I guess it's nice China users now have flash carts for old systems. Too bad Famiclone specs aren't consistent enough for a solution like this. I'd like to see them get a better (and supported!) alternative to the deluge of pirate multicarts that's lasted years on end.

11. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator

Simple: everyone buy one and don't pay.

12. DC_Lov

DC_Lov Rising Member

Jungame China ver. is cheaper because of price discrimination. (I mean in China , not on ebay)

I live in Asia and I can get the same lisenced books for about half the price as in the US , under the condition that Asia version of the books can only be sold in Asia.

They do this so that books saler in the US won't start having sale problems.

Also the same thing as DVD/Blu-Ray and every thing else that need to expand it's sale over different part of the glove.

Not sure if the above is correct , I took them from economic 101 lying around my desk.

PS. I'm pretty sure KRIkzz lisenced them to Chinese maker or else he would'n advertise them on Everdrive page.

13. dragonstrap

dragonstrap Spirited Member

The amount of work that krikzz has put into this, and continues to put into this long after we've paid for our everdrives is the reason that I have had no hesitation in buying one everdrive after the other and even ordering a few for friends with complete confidence. For some thief to steal his hard work and attempt to profit from it is sickening.

I tried to report it, but it seems that krikzz needs to report this himself (there was no option for "Someone stole krikzz's intellectual property" ;) I didn't look through too thoroughly, but this seemed to be the most fitting option for "reason" and "detailed reason" that I could find for the report.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  14. Trenton_net

Trenton_net AKA SUPERCOM32

No matter if these are knock-offs, or licensed, it doesn't really matter. You'll get zero support on these so there's no point. Though, it was also my understanding that these were for Chinese markets only, but still sold legit. The reason this guy is selling for so much is because he's obviously using someone on commission to buy from China for the purpose of resale.

FYI - These have been around for a while now. First time seeing it on ebay though.

15. dragonstrap

They are so overpriced at the moment that I doubt they will sell, but once they start selling for less than the real everdrives it might become more of a problem.

16. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

I have nothing against sales in China, in any case i not sell almost nothing to China, but not on ebay to worldwide. probably actual ED price extremely expensive for chinese people, same as for people from Ukraine or Russia where average salary around 200-300usd.
    first place where i tried to sell ED was forum of my city, people looked at me like on idiot and say something about emulation and cost of sega itself (chinese sega cost around 15-20 usd here)

17. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

ROFL. I'm willing to bet that the thing works but very poorly. Updating the software on it would probably render it bricked too knowing full well how "good" the Chinese are at cloning PS2 modchips.

18. Dandy_Sephy

Dandy_Sephy Active Member

Ebay has rules against flash carts, especially Nintendo ones so you might want to try a different route.

19. dragonstrap

I sent the seller a message informing them of the situation, as best I understand (though I admit there may be gaps in my understanding). My point was to let the seller know what they are doing, why this is bad, and to offer them an opportunity to do the right thing before reporting.

"On your photo it says "Chinese version". Is this really the Chinese version of the everdrive?

The Chinese version is a version with an earlier firmware revision that the inventor [Igor Golubovskiy (krikzz)] releases at a cheaper price for the Chinese market ONLY.

Igor has expressively stated that this version should only be sold to people living in China and not to anyone else (I notice that you offer shipping to the UK). Igor offers the Chinese this cartridge at a greatly discounted price because the average wage in China is very low (as it is in his home country of Ukraine) and he wants people in his home country and China to be able to afford it. However, he is not able to make a living by selling it at this very low price, so his price for wealthier countries is more. By selling a Chinese version to the UK market at an inflated price, you are taking away the hard-earned profits of the inventor. Please consider removing your listing for these reasons.

Thank you.
    "

20. SubDrag

SubDrag Rapidly Rising Member

I'm assuming KRIKzz's boards are from China? I think sometimes they just steal the design when you order from them and sell for cheaper later...

But yeah that's terrible...