SECURITY NOTICE: Please read the security notice in the site help forum immediately.

Dreamcast 2001: The Video

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Energy, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Energy

Energy Spirited Member

Hi guys,

Going through a load of archived stuff from younger years - and stumbled across this VHS. Just checking that there is a digital copy floating through the ether? Not sure it was ever watched and obviously the main interest is the Dreamcast release of Half Life. So if there's interest will endeavour to rip a copy and get it to you all. If it's already out there feel free to lock the post :)

FullSizeRender.jpg
    IMG_3335.JPG

2. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

Yes please, I'd love to see it!

3. nonosto

nonosto Gutsy Member

does exit device still can read it?;)

4. BLUamnEsiac

BLUamnEsiac ɐɹnɔsqO ʇᴉq-8

Interesting, I'd love to see it. I'm not sure how it was across the globe but Official Dreamcast Magazine here in the states would only put videos on the monthly demo disc instead of VHS. OPM was doing the same around that time. I kind of miss VHS promo tapes. lol

5. Energy

Energy Spirited Member

I'm giving it a little time before I attempt ripping it, just in case someone has already digitized it and comes forward. Interest has been noted though! I've had so much from the community in the past it would be nice to give back.

Luckily underneath a relic was found that can read such material (actually a professional one too!). It's not been tested and I have no idea if I still have a working tv capture card, only one way to find out though!

DC:UK was an unofficial dreamcast magazine. I believe they managed to have 2 demo discs in their run. One was an action replay style disc that became very popular as the demo allowed imports to run, and the other was fur fighters I think. I got the ODM (uk version) as well as DC:UK. I'm guessing this came with the magazine, that or this came from HMV -- it was a long time ago now.

BLUamnEsiac likes this.
  6. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

I'd be interested. You never know if there is any footage that shows beta elements or slight differences.

7. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

I'm interested as well. I wouldn't worry if there's another copy digitized somewhere. Yours could come out better, and even if it doesn't, nothing wrong with redundancy. Never know when one goes down for some reason.

8. Energy

Energy Spirited Member

Cool - will see if I can pull the hardware together to rip this over the weekend :)

sayin999 likes this.
  9. Energy

Energy Spirited Member

Just a quick update - ordered a cable to connect my VHS to my PC (as I failed to find the required ones!).

SiZiOUS and speedyink like this.